2015 250rr triple clamp

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

2015 250rr triple clamp

Postby little_wing » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 pm

hey all.
so I am having sticktion in my front forks and harshness.
my forks were redone over the last winter.
long story short it looks like my stock triple clamps are bent/twisted.

what options do I have in the aftermarket world for new triple clamps??
I live in Canada if that makes any difference
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Re: 2015 250rr triple clamp

Postby twowheels » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Little_wing: We have the Boano billet clamps in both solid bar mount (gloss black) and rubber mounted bars (gunmetal grey). PM me for details.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Hubert Carpet » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:46 am

Which part is twisted/bent? It would take a hefty force to bend something like that without also damaging the forks or frame. If it's the centre spindle, that can be pressed out and replaced. The top and bottom yokes can be checked on a flat surface such as some thick glass.

Do the forks slide easily in and out of the yokes? If anything is bent, I would expect it to show up pretty obviously. There isn't much room for misalignment. It's worth being pretty damn sure before buying new triple clamps.

Also, check that the fork clamp bolts aren't too tight, the fork bushes are in good order and that the front spindle has been tightened correctly to keep the forks properly parallel. The Motion Pro fork alignment tool is staggering, it shows just how far out you can be even when following a good technique. https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0412
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby little_wing » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:14 pm

I have done the glass trick and the triple clamps don't sit flat on the glass they have a wobble to them.
I also have the motion pro tool for fork alignment.

check this guys super custom tool that works for checking for the forks to be aligned front to back instead of just left to right as the motion pro tool
http://bkeracing.com/tech-tip-super-precision-fork-alignment

so I am fairly confidant that my triples are bent/twisted.
I will know for 100% sunday… I friend is gonna let me take my forks and put them on his brand new 2019 bike.
if I don't have the same crazy sticktion then we will know 100% its the triples on my bike .

I don't even have to ride my bike... just sit on it with the front brake on and rock my weight forward and the forks are sticky and choppy.
so if I put my forks on his brand new bike and they don't have the same crappie movement then we know..
my forks if I take them off my bike and compress them I have smooth action.

both myself and a shop have tried many time to ""align"" my bike and something is off...
and my axle is not bent.

but back to my original question.....
what aftermarket options are out there for triple clamps for the betas

Hubert Carpet wrote:Which part is twisted/bent? It would take a hefty force to bend something like that without also damaging the forks or frame. If it's the centre spindle, that can be pressed out and replaced. The top and bottom yokes can be checked on a flat surface such as some thick glass.

Do the forks slide easily in and out of the yokes? If anything is bent, I would expect it to show up pretty obviously. There isn't much room for misalignment. It's worth being pretty damn sure before buying new triple clamps.

Also, check that the fork clamp bolts aren't too tight, the fork bushes are in good order and that the front spindle has been tightened correctly to keep the forks properly parallel. The Motion Pro fork alignment tool is staggering, it shows just how far out you can be even when following a good technique. https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0412
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Postby LRM » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 am

You can also just remove the forks from your bike and loosen the top cap. Then slide the outer tube up and down, this will tell you how much stiction you have and if the forks are also bent.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Postby aj_mariner » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:37 pm

In addition to twowheels suggestion of Boano...
Geco makes triples as well but am unsure how difficult they are to get https://www.gecospecialparts.com/index.php/en
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Return to Chassis & Body