Weird clutch lever problem

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Weird clutch lever problem

Postby beta250rrowner » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:39 am

Hi guys, I just had to swap my stubby clutch lever (read:hacksaw modification) over for the MoT (yearly vehicle safety inspection for non UK folks) and I noticed that now I've put the clutch lever back it is sticking out too far to the point of interfering with the hand guards!?
ImageIMG_20210902_184124_430[1] by a a, on Flickr
Any ideas? I think it is something to do with the mechanism, but I can't see another way it can go.
beta250rrowner

Re: Weird clutch lever problem

Postby Clearvu1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 pm

I assume you've turned the adjuster out all the way to move the lever as close to the bar as it will go. Everything else being equal I'd compare the new lever to the old lever to see if the location bolt and adjustment mechanism are the same. Maybe you have the wrong lever?
Clearvu1

Re: Weird clutch lever problem

Postby beta250rrowner » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 am

Hi, yes the adjustment mechanism is the same as before. There is a silver piece that seems surplus, I've discarded it and the clutch is back to normal. However. I've ordered some upgraded lever and they have the same silver piece that seems to sleeve over the rod for the clutch cylinder :?: So it's supposed to be part of the mechanism. Go figure!
beta250rrowner

Return to Chassis & Body