Wrap Around Fork Guards

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Wrap Around Fork Guards

Postby twowheels » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:46 pm

If you're after a little more protection for the front fork legs you can fit up a set of GasGas guards (KTMs fit too but lack the brilliant split design that allows them to be removed without removing the forks from the triples). You will have to clearance the disk side guard (or let the rotor screws do it for you).
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: Wrap Around Fork Guards

Postby ryanmac » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:10 am

That's excellent. Thanks for the tip, I've been looking for something extra.
'13 300RR
ryanmac

Postby tetondrtbag » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:36 pm

they are nice.
$80.00 nice?
and tes you must clearance for the rotor bolts.
i found this out after the rotor bolt ripped out the guard from one of the attachment bolts while taking it off the stand before i even rode the dam thing!
no fore warning.
the rotor screw will not do it for you.
'13 300rr race
'13 ktm 300xc
'08 ktm 300xc
tetondrtbag

Postby GMP » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Picked up a set of Acerbis KTM fork guards and they do not fit well. Sure they bolt up clean but the upper tube/wear ring is a tight fit in the last few inches of compression. Also, the clamp area for the brake hose is lower and smaller in dia.,,and falls right where the rubber boot in the Beta hose is. Oh well, they were cheap, and now we know.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 pm

GMP wrote:Picked up a set of Acerbis KTM fork guards and they do not fit well. Sure they bolt up clean but the upper tube/wear ring is a tight fit in the last few inches of compression. Also, the clamp area for the brake hose is lower and smaller in dia.,,and falls right where the rubber boot in the Beta hose is. Oh well, they were cheap, and now we know.

Why the Acerbis? The Polisports split at the back for easy removal and are a cleaner fit. Best yet GoFasters has revised their pricing so they are no longer $70 a set.

You can't run the stock hex head screws for attachment though.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby ryanmac » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:29 am

What year GG forkguards fit the Beta?
'13 300RR
ryanmac

Postby twowheels » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:55 am

ryanmac wrote:What year GG forkguards fit the Beta?

Any late model guards will fit.
twowheels

Postby GMP » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 am

twowheels wrote:Why the Acerbis? The Polisports split at the back for easy removal and are a cleaner fit. Best yet GoFasters has revised their pricing so they are no longer $70 a set.

Steve,

I know I've had the GG guards even on my '07 GG. I tried these because I was getting a tire and they were available in black and cheap, worth a try. No big deal I have a cheap friend with a KTM. :lol: I'll get back to you later about the GG guards.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:15 pm

GMP wrote:
twowheels wrote:Why the Acerbis? The Polisports split at the back for easy removal and are a cleaner fit. Best yet GoFasters has revised their pricing so they are no longer $70 a set.

Steve,

I know I've had the GG guards even on my '07 GG. I tried these because I was getting a tire and they were available in black and cheap, worth a try. No big deal I have a cheap friend with a KTM. :lol: I'll get back to you later about the GG guards.

Glenn - want a red set to go with a new red front fender?
twowheels

Postby GMP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:09 am

twowheels wrote:Glenn - want a red set to go with a new red front fender?

Steve,

I do but I will wait a bit, maybe attack the cosmetic mods off season. What I'd really like to do is get rid of all the white, not a fan of white. Red looks good and stays looking good a lot longer. Rear fender/side panel unit seems to be the hangup though, at least for now.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to Chassis & Body