Ktm wheels on a Beta?

Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Ktm wheels on a Beta?

Postby Phatpat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 pm

I've been told that my second set of wheels for my KTM will fit the Beta I am planning to buy but with some different wheel spacers or adapter spacers. However I've googled my *ss off and can't find any more info on this. Anyone know anything about this? Because I'd very much like to keep my spare set of wheels.
Beta 250 RR Racing 2015
Phatpat

Re: Ktm wheels on a Beta?

Postby GMP » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:09 pm

No go. The rotor to sprocket dimmension on the rear is completely different. Italian Husky (left side drive) wheels fit.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Phatpat wrote:I've been told that my second set of wheels for my KTM will fit the Beta I am planning to buy but with some different wheel spacers or adapter spacers. However I've googled my *ss off and can't find any more info on this. Anyone know anything about this? Because I'd very much like to keep my spare set of wheels.

I have a new Beta wheelset available, but like Glenn said the KTM hubs are completely different.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Phatpat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Rotor to sprocket dimension? I'm not planning to use a beta sprocket on Ktm-wheels if that's what you mean? A local but small Beta dealer told me this thing about adapter wheel spacers. Will have to get back to him about it. He's a local top rider, I'd be surprised if he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'll get back to you guys once I've spoken to him again.
Beta 250 RR Racing 2015
Phatpat

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:54 am

He may be fast but he is incorrect, a few of us have been through this over a year ago. In order for you to use a rear wheel from another bike, the dimmension from the sprocket to rotor mounting surface across the hub must be the same, because this is determined by the position of the chain/CS sprocket and brake caliper. The offest position and any axel dia difference can be addresed with custom spacers. I think I measured the Beta wheel 16mm wider than a GG which is the same as a KTM. Only the Husky matches up, or a WARP 9 aftermarket wheel, which is just their Husky wheel with different spacers. I know a KTM wheel fits a Sherco with special spacers, perhaps that is what he is thinking about.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby mcnut » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:28 am

It would be ill-advised to bet against Glenn. :)
mcnut

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:54 am

Hey I'm always learning stuff too, but in this case I'm 100% sure because I have done it, and bought wheels from a guy here that has also done it.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Phatpat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:43 am

That's strange because I just put down a pre-payment for a 250 Race edition '15 and the dealer (another one) also had heard of this being possible and sounded quite sure too. Well not sure what to think now. I guess if worst comes to worst I'll have to buy a new set of wheels (this is becoming an expensive story)! ;)

Anyhow, will get back to you when I get some further answers. So to make things a little more clear for me, the old red and white husky's wheels will fit?
Beta 250 RR Racing 2015
Phatpat

Postby GMP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:26 am

There are a few sharp guys here on this forum including a dealer or two. I would think that if it were possible, with the abundance of KTM parts, that it would have been done already. Just take a tape measure to the dealer and measure a KTM vs Beta wheel, rotor to sprocket, there is your answer. If the dealer is so sure bet him the price of a wheelset it won't work, problem solved. :lol:

Left side drive Italian Husky wheels, so the 4strokes and the 125/150 2strokes.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:13 pm

OK I just went out and measured my 2013 KTM 250SX rear wheel (outside edge of sprocket to outside edge of disk) and did the same with my 2014 Beta 300RR.

They both measure 166 mm.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Next

Return to Chassis & Body