Best trainer after market seat?

Best trainer after market seat?

Postby NYrider » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey evryone so i have the xtrainer and i did a 80mile event not to long ago and the stock seat killed my butt lol.
Anyone know where and what is the best after market foam seat i can buy?
Thank you
2015 beta xtrainer
NYrider

Re: Best trainer after market seat?

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:52 pm

seat concepts makes the best seat..check accessories on betausa site
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Rv4Bob » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:21 pm

FYI, I got the seat concept thin one, it's a nice seat, but not very much padding.
It's wider, more comfortable then the stock one, but just a touch too thin.
Too bad you can't get one with another 1/2-1" padding.
But bottom line, I like it.
Rv4Bob

Postby rotor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:21 pm

+3 on seat concepts, got the standard, love it.
rotor

Postby ricoyam » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:37 pm

I don't expect this will deter anyone from buying a new seat but be forewarned. I borrowed a Seat Concepts seat for a two-day ride and it was nice and comfy. Downside is that it made this lazy-ass rider even lazier and I found myself sitting way too much.
I'm still going to get one but think it'll only go on the bike for longer rides.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby Angustoyou » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:34 pm

How much lower is the seat concepts one? I don't care about comfort, it's to help my little legs reach the floor both at the same time!
Angustoyou

Postby Volfy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Angustoyou wrote:How much lower is the seat concepts one? I don't care about comfort, it's to help my little legs reach the floor both at the same time!

Same problem I have. I thought about getting the Seat Concept lower seat, but decided I'm not ready to spend $250-$300 on a comfy seat just yet. For the short rides I do now, I am only interested in a lower seat height. I ended up removing the stock cover, shaved the foam down as much I can, then recovered with a MotoSeat cover. I could've re-used the stock cover, but the "Beta" logos would have been folded under the seat, or worse end up right along the folded edge. The MotoSeat cover was only about $60 shipped and the grippy surface is a nice bonus. This way, if I ever sell the bike, I can always order an OEM replacement seat foam and return it back to stock shape with the stock cover.

The shaved foam dropped seat height a little less than an inch. Feels lower than that actually, since I rounded off the edges. Combined with the Kouba lowering link, my seat height is right about 34.8". I am thinking once I get accustomed to the 300RR, I might put the stock link back on, which will put me back up to about 35.8", or roughly the same seat height as the XTrainer.

I like the shaved seat a lot. Comfort wise, without the sharp edges, it feels better than the stock brick.
'15 Beta 300RR
'15 KTM 250 XCF-W
Volfy

Postby ricoyam » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:45 pm

I have a 28" inseam. Touching the ground on both sides is overrated. :lol:
I borrowed a standard height seat and I've been pretty happy with the stock seat too. At resale time I think it's an advantage to hand the new owner a complete seat. It may not get anymore money but it should be a plus over another bike where it's not offered. At least I know I like getting extras when I buy a used bike.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby Volfy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Even with the lowered seat, I can barely touch the ground on both sides. 8-) It does make the bike much less intimidating for this noob. Afterall, lower seat is why I am drawn to Beta in the first place, and it is also why the XTrainer is popular with new riders. All I did is to bring the 300RR seat height close to the XTrainer.

I can ride my KTM's 38" but I have to plan my stops and mount/dismount carefully. I'm sure in time I'll get more comfortable riding tall dirt bikes. Right now, I prefer not to have to deal with it while trying to learn off road riding techniques.

IMG_1116.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG (239.85 KiB) Viewed 18008 times

IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG (233.86 KiB) Viewed 18008 times
'15 Beta 300RR
'15 KTM 250 XCF-W
Volfy

Postby Angustoyou » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Tidy job on that seat. I am toying with doing the same, if it wasn't for the Beta logo I'd definitely do it. I did my CCM 404 seat and that turned out OK. Anyone know where to get a decent colour match cover in the UK for the Xtrainer?
Angustoyou

Return to Other..