May 6 Midwest Beta Owners Trail Ride - Ambrose Lake, MI

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

May 6 Midwest Beta Owners Trail Ride - Ambrose Lake, MI

Postby twowheels » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:47 am

If you've got a Beta and you're within driving distance you're welcome to join ... we may even let Beta-intenders and those that should have bought Betas come along. Nobody more famous than you will be there, but since it's Michigan trail we're bound to have a good time. Expect riders of all skill levels to be there, so we'll likely ride in small groups.

Michigan has more than 3500 miles of dirt bike trail, accessible with little more than a trail pass and a spark arrestor. Handguards could come in handy, but they are a matter of personal preference. Terrain is sandy/loamy with very minor small rocks and roots.Trail maps can be downloaded from michigan.gov/orvinfo

There is a state campground just up the way from the trailhead if you're inclined to stay and enjoy the area.

I'll update this post with more details as things firm up.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Re: May 6 Midwest Beta Owners Trail Ride - Ambrose Lake, MI

Postby miltonyz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am

I should make it. If I do I will be dragging a pumpkin riding buddy along.
miltonyz

Postby twowheels » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 pm

miltonyz wrote:I should make it. If I do I will be dragging a pumpkin riding buddy along.

Isn't that what Beta riders are always doing? :lol:

We'll be pre-riding the trail and dropping some breadcrumbs, so invite even those that aren't usually single-track guys.

Demo rides will be available on the 350RE and 250RE, and I'm sure guys will be willing to swap personal bikes as well.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
twowheels

Postby twowheels » Wed May 03, 2017 6:25 am

Wheels in the dirt by 10:30. Trails to the east and south, as well as the Ambrose Lake loop as well. We'll stage at the parking area off Houghton Creek Rd west of N. Dow. I'll bring water and Gatorade, trail maps, and some snacks.

If we're a big group we can split in two, ride out and back, bench race a little, then head out again. Don't forget your spark arrestors and trail tags. Hand guards are optional.

http://www.midnr.com/publications/pdfs/ ... _trail.pdf
twowheels

Postby Engstrom » Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 am

Maybe this belongs in another topic but question about Michigan riding. My wife is from Michigan and keeps trying to get me to move back from Washington to GRR as she misses relatives. 5 years ago if you asked me to do this I would say no way but Michigan has definately grown on me as we make an annual trip in July every year. Only thing I worry about is Washington Idaho is where I grew up riding. We have world class riding and much of it is expert level stuff because of the mountain riding. I have no clue of Michigan trails but is there some hard technical stuff there to get my fix?
Engstrom

Postby Cruiser » Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Any good videos of the trails??
Cruiser
16 350RR
04 450/525sx/exc frankenbike
Cruiser

Postby twowheels » Tue May 09, 2017 6:13 am

Cruiser wrote:Any good videos of the trails??

One of the guys was wearing a helmet cam, and we'll post it, but he said he needed a little time to edit out his crashes :o

Trail had a good flow, and surprisingly there was some dust later in the day. The puddle count was down to three, but one did manage to catch out a KTM rider. It was a good ride in that the trail wasn't too boring for the fast guys, nor too daunting for the guys who usually dual-sport.
twowheels

Postby pro5mark » Tue May 09, 2017 10:37 am

twowheels wrote:One of the guys was wearing a helmet cam, and we'll post it, but he said he needed a little time to edit out his crashes :o

That would be me, but it was only a crash, as in singular. :x

It normally takes me forever to edit a video (something about cutting a couple of hours of footage down to three or four minutes), but I will try to throw something together and post it up.
pro5mark

Postby twowheels » Tue May 09, 2017 2:38 pm

pro5mark wrote:
twowheels wrote:One of the guys was wearing a helmet cam, and we'll post it, but he said he needed a little time to edit out his crashes :o

That would be me, but it was only a crash, as in singular. :x

It normally takes me forever to edit a video (something about cutting a couple of hours of footage down to three or four minutes), but I will try to throw something together and post it up.

Or was that time to edit out the little crashes ... :lol:

Great to ride with you Saturday.
twowheels

Postby miltonyz » Tue May 09, 2017 5:31 pm

My buddy on the 250sx crashed in front of the camera a couple times. I hope those make the video for mocking purposes.
miltonyz

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements