all i hear is crickets

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

all i hear is crickets

Postby fenderworks » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:47 am

not much talk on this forum. is it too cold to ride?
Rode at Penrose commons on friday.... just a bit of snow.
Great ride, first of the year.

xtrainer is fun everytime i ride it. still no issues at all with the bike at 1900 miles and 117 hours.
fenderworks
fenderworks

Re: all i hear is crickets

Postby Taylor » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 pm

I am new here so only been reading up until now. I have been off a bike since 2007 and thinking of picking up a new ride so looking for info on current bikes. Been on 2 strokes but thinking a 390 might be a good fit for an old rider getting back into things.
Taylor

Postby JoeMaico » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:10 am

Did Penrose on Sunday. It was a good time. I do get tired of the rocks though. Cannot wait until the hills open up and we can ride higher up.

Older riders love smokers, I know I am one. As always, it depends on what you want to ride. If you prefer the slower more technical type of riding, and don't mind hauling your bike to you riding areas, the more you will gravitate to a smoker. The faster and more open an area is, and/or if you want to plate your bike to do more dual sport, then a thumper may be better.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby F5 Dave » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:58 am

It is a quiet forum for sure. Haven't ridden my XTrainer for ages despite summer here. Have been out on the Trials bike a bit though.
21 XTrainer
F5 Dave

Return to General Discussions & Announcements