Future of this discussion forum?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Future of this discussion forum?

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:42 am

There has been one active post here in the last month...

It seems that most in the beta community are having their needs met by either Thumpertalk or Facebook.

This forum probably lost what little momentum it had when it was down for a week in january - the web server is a linux box at my home. My home was without power and internet service for over a week due to a blizzard/windstorm. Two large trees fell onto my home - which was another "distraction"..

Thoughts?

jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Future of this discussion forum?

Postby JoeMaico » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:13 am

My opinion is that this forum has always been geared towards both resolving issues with Beta motorcycles, and a source of information relating to upgrading rider and bike for the tasks at hand. It is not a social media site with endless rants about useless subjects. Facebook and Thumpertalk are better suited for those pursuits. But if you want direct answers from experienced Beta owners/wrenchers – then Beta Riders is the definitive source. I attribute the lack of activity on the site to the reliability of the brand, and the desire of younger riders to interact on social media sites where they can carry on endless conversations and hopefully form a consensus of opinion – which may, or may not, be accurate. If you take the site down, I for one will miss the wealth of information contained within – and access to direct answers to questions that may come up. Either way, I thank you for hosting this site.

joe
JoeMaico

Postby KGAWDTSi » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:17 pm

I think JoeMaico sums is up well. This forum is direct to the point with answers without any of the blah blah blah social media that Facebook has. It is a great resource
2014 Beta 300rr
2007 Honda Cr250r
KGAWDTSi

Postby Deck1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:27 pm

This forum was a tremendous help when I purchased my Beta in 2016. Beta had a pretty decent name at that point, but I still felt like a pioneer. I check back in probably once a month, to see if anything interesting has popped up, or a problem I might have to look for in the future. I hope it doesn't go away altogether, but understand if it does. I hope maybe Beta USA or corporate could gain access to the information and make it available to all users for generations to come.
Dale in Colfax
2016 500RS
Deck1

Postby Hyde » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:59 am

It needs sometime to attract attention and discussion, not sure what, would help if I could.

Hate to see it go, but understand.
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby webmaster » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:19 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I do see that several users a day sign up here on the forum - I guess they are just shy. ;-)

Actually, I think that people sign up to see the tech forums as reference material.

Given that, I will keep her going... :-)

thanks again,
jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Rob578 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:21 pm

Thanks Jeff!!!
Rob578

Postby Coloradoenduro » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:06 pm

Thanks Jeff,

I’m returning to Beta and the forum after a 4 year hiatus. There is so much useful information on this forum without the drama.
2016 300RR - Sold
2021 300 Xtrainer
Coloradoenduro

Postby webmaster » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:30 am

Coloradoenduro wrote:Thanks Jeff,

I’m returning to Beta and the forum after a 4 year hiatus. There is so much useful information on this forum without the drama.

Welcome back.

No drama is quite true. A responsible and respectful group here.

This forum requires zero moderation to remind people about the rules of the road.

The number one rule is "it is okay to attack an idea, but it is not okay to attack a person".

Jeff
Webmaster
Beta Riders Club
webmaster
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions & Announcements