Welcome!

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Welcome!

Postby ENDURODAVE » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:51 am

Hello! I'm new here. Just bought a second hand 350rr. I've had my fair share of different offroad bikes, GG, KTM, suzuki, etc, but first Beta. I love it so far, really well built bike. Looking forward to being here a while. Here is a pic.

image hosting over 5mb
ENDURODAVE

Postby bcmoore » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi!! New Beta owner.. 2015 350RR.. haven't ridden it yet and no pictures yet but we all know what it looks like... Looking forward to being an active forum member..

-Brian
bcmoore

Postby twowheels » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 am

Welcome, welcome Brian and Dave!
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby rosco » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Don't know if this was the right place to post this or not. Not new to this forum but new to Beta. We have been a Gas Gas dealer for about 4 1/2 years and a Sherco dealer for about 2 years. We just became a Beta dealer and very excited about it. We are out of Rapid City,SD. and have some great riding here in the Black Hills. When your ready for a good bike and a good ride give me a call, we can fix you up!
Rosco's Motorcycle & Atv
1125 Kennel Dr.
Rapid City, SD. 57703
ROSCOSMOTORCYCLE.COM
rosco

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:57 pm

New here and to Beta. I'm coming off a 2014 YZ250f that I set up to race enduro's over here in Western Australia.I'll be picking up a 2016 350rr today or tomorrow, run it in this weekend and have the final round of our offroad series on the 17th. This is a Natural terrian M/X event so I'm excited and a bit nervous as to how I'll go on the new bike. Very much looking forward to 6sp and an E leg on my bike.

Any tips or advice about the bike would be great. I've scoured the net for info but any links or set up ideas or must do's please feel free to share.

Marty
Marty Moose

Postby twowheels » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Marty Moose wrote:New here and to Beta. I'm coming off a 2014 YZ250f that I set up to race enduro's over here in Western Australia.I'll be picking up a 2016 350rr today or tomorrow, run it in this weekend and have the final round of our offroad series on the 17th. This is a Natural terrian M/X event so I'm excited and a bit nervous as to how I'll go on the new bike. Very much looking forward to 6sp and an E leg on my bike.

Any tips or advice about the bike would be great. I've scoured the net for info but any links or set up ideas or must do's please feel free to share.

Marty

Welcome Marty! The only thing I'd add (if the suspension is close for your weight) is a some armor - a good set of rad guards in particular and some handguards - and proper rubber for the terrain. The suspension valving will be light for moto, so don't be afraid to turn in those clickers.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:40 am

Thanks twowheels rad braces are high on the list. I mapped the suspension and set the sags when I got home, noticed the comp clickers are a long way out std 22 on the low speed and 20 on the high speed front is the same. I'm going to run it in on a rough sandy track so I can see them being wound in.

Cheers
Marty
Marty Moose

Postby Survivor » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:25 am

This is a great site for all Beta's owner and others.
I want to say thanks to everyone that allows us to share and benefit from this site.
Thanks to all of you for your time and your hard work!
We appreciate very much this great info.
Survivor

Postby European » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36 am

hi all,
I'm looking forward to learn and contribute. I bought a second hand 350 RR 2013 model and want to make it road legal. Living in France, working in Luxembourg, being dutch explains my nickname. I used to be active on the Dutch BMW GS forum which is an amazing collective of knowledge, if you can read dutch.
European

Postby Ben500RS » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:09 pm

New here, hello.

I made a mistake last night as I thought I was going to buy a new 430 RS, instead I put in a BYOB order for a 500 RS. I tried to change my UN but from what I can tell, the username won't light up to allow me to do it. Any help or suggestions?

My last two dirtbikes were an 85 and a 96 CR500R. My last streetbike was a CBR1000. I didn't and do not have any loyalty to any brand at all, they just happened to be good bikes at the time I was in the market for a bike, same with the Beta.

I had first considered a CRF250L then realized that between the power and the suspension and the weight that it was not going to do it for me. Same with a WR250R, great suspension but still only a peak of 24 HP.

Then last week I had put a deposit on a KTM 500 EXC but between the wait/hold up for whatever reasons, and coupled with the very tall seat height I took a look at Beta and had binge-read on Beta's all week long to come to the conclusion that they make a very excellent dual sport bike in the right height, weight and power choices. I got the chance to sit on one at my local dealer, a 430RS and I was hooked.

I went on the BYOB and built a 2017 500 RS with about $800 of extras, mostly levers, a white plastics kit, passenger footpeg kit, and air filter, nothing major as the bike will be sweet right out of the box. I'm looking forward to being a part of this website and am glad it exists with fellow RS owners.

Ben
Ben500RS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements