Beta BYOB Program

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Beta BYOB Program

Postby moto7man » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 pm

This is the link to the Build Your Own Beta Program. The bike comes with all your parts already installed and the prices seem very reasonable. :mrgreen:

http://www.americanbeta.com/node/744
moto7man

Re: Beta BYOB Program

Postby Roostafish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:56 pm

I like this concept! It sure would be nice to have a demo program like KTM does though.

Any idea what the suspension choices are? truly a make or break even considering. I am so pleased with my KTM suspension that it has truly set the bar for future bikes I purchase.
Roostafish

Postby moto7man » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Click on the link at top of the page and scroll down and click the model you want, i.e., 300RR. That will put the bike into your cart including the price. Then, begin the steps to equip your model, it progresses through gearing, graphics and updates the price as you go. I think the only suspension options were springs and fork bleeders. At the end it will give you a total price.
moto7man

Postby twowheels » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Roostafish wrote:I like this concept! It sure would be nice to have a demo program like KTM does though.

Any idea what the suspension choices are? truly a make or break even considering. I am so pleased with my KTM suspension that it has truly set the bar for future bikes I purchase.

Most dealers will let you take their demos out for an extended trial - I swap bikes with guys all the time, which also gives me a chance to check out the competition.

Stock suspension is OC Sachs/Sachs, with the fork featuring a new cartridge and pistons this year. The rear shock is adjustable for hi and lo compression and rebound, and sprung with a 5.2 kg/mm coil for 2014. We've had no issue dialing in Sachs forks to suit guys riding styles and terrain, and the spring addressed the only issue most guys had with the shock in 2013.

Another option is to wait until mid-year for the Racing Edition, which this year featured red-legged, DLC-coated Marzocchi 48s along with the Sachs shock.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Return to General Discussions & Announcements