Any Interest?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Any Interest?

Postby Be350ka » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm trying to determine the level of interest that Beta owners might have in a "Beta Gathering". I have been working on this with a local riding group, but the level of interest would dictate it's implementation. A few questions for you:

1) What is your level of interest in getting together with other Beta riders for a weekend of eating, drinking, riding trails, riding endurocross...you know, fun and bafoonery! East Coast location.... Our annual ADV ride is a blast and Jimmy Lewis attended last year. Everyone enjoys the location...even those that made the trip from the Western States.

2) what month would work best? Specific dates are a bonus.

3) What would you be willing to pay for several catered meals by a Beta riding Chef (KILLER food), free camping, great trails, endurocross course, beer, etc. This fee would cover the food, beer, fun...anything left over would be a donation to the trail association for advocacy and maint for the trails.

4) initial thoughts are for a Friday arrival and stay through Sunday.

5) what else would you like to see?

Again, I'm just getting a feel for how many might be interested and what expectations (events, interests, etc) you might have. Also, the area in mind is on the East Coast (mix of private and state trails).

Thanks.
Be350ka

Re: Any Interest?

Postby happy seal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:42 pm

I would certainly be interested. August is pretty much done for me with family vacations except maybe towards the end. I would like to bring someone down to share the ride time, possibly not a Beta guy :o . I don't drink but to ride the trails and camp And eat I would think $75- $150 would be doable. I don't get out much so shoot me if I am way off here. A band is always fun but not necessary. Beta raffle of bling and swag would be real cool for Beta owners only of course! :mrgreen:

A prize for the most unique or original Beta would be nice ( awarded to me of course when you guys see what I got planned,).

SOUNDS FUN!
Be carefull, think first!

Join the NRA!
happy seal

Postby Be350ka » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Well, you might just take that "most unique" award!! But, I might pull a rabbit out of the hat at some point.....

Good to hear that you are interested. I don't think that a Beta rider bringing a guest is an issue. Might be a good way to get others interested in the brand.

Trust me, the food will...or should I say, would, be good "if" this happens. All I really need is confirmation that there would be more than a handful to turn out. I have some very cool things pencil'd in right now (thoughts), but I have to work on details prior to an announcement...no guarantees.
Be350ka

Postby brantsdad » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:24 pm

If I was closer I'd be all over it... I would love to see it happen would be good for the brand ..love going to the husky gathering out here in the NW every year
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

Postby Enmerdeur » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm

brantsdad wrote:If I was closer I'd be all over it... I would love to see it happen would be good for the brand ..love going to the husky gathering out here in the NW every year

We should organize a Rocky Mountain one.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby twowheels » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Be350ka, where is "here"? I could easily be convinced to go riding with a bunch of friends I haven't met yet, drink some wheat sodas, and listen to music ...
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Be350ka » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:40 am

I'm in State College, PA. The riding area is about 20 min. South of town in the rock strewn hills of PA.
Be350ka

Postby brantsdad » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 am

agreed Emmerdeur , I love East Fort Rock (Bend OR) great place with well marked track for riders of all abilities... and the SO crowd can go into town to the Factory Outlets...

Not to mention the MANY micro breweries there.... :)
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

Postby Mslow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 am

I'd be in as long as it's not mid august.
Of course, I love riding that area, so I'd be in even if it wasn't a beta deal!
2014 300rr
Mslow

Postby Be350ka » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:32 am

Mslow wrote:I'd be in as long as it's not mid august.
Of course, I love riding that area, so I'd be in even if it wasn't a beta deal!

You are always welcome! Just give me a ring.
Be350ka

Next

Return to General Discussions & Announcements