Jarvis running Rekluse??

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Jarvis running Rekluse??

Postby palmpilote » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Jarvis said he doesn't use auto-clutch but sometimes he will adjust flywheel weight.
Adding flywheel weight makes the bike more "trial bike" feeling.
I think that is the reason he can still lug it when his clutch lever broken.
2017 KTM 250 EXC Six-Days
2010 KTM 125 EXC Six-Days
2003 Gasgas 280 TXT pro
Plan to get a RR300...ASAP :D

Taiwan
palmpilote

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 am

I don’t think guys are even giving 300 2 stroke enduro bikes enough credit too. It’s not even Jarvis but just watch decent every day riders lugging their 2 stroke enduros. The new bikes are so easy to ride and have so much smooth low end. No one has to be a pro to know how good they are and there’s no need for an auto clutch. A stock bike is awesome. Today’s, husky, Ktm, Gasgas, sherco and Beta are so good right out of the box.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 am

I don’t think guys are even giving 300 2 stroke enduro bikes enough credit too. It’s not even Jarvis but just watch decent every day riders lugging their 2 stroke enduros. The new bikes are so easy to ride and have so much smooth low end. No one has to be a pro to know how good they are and there’s no need for an auto clutch. A stock bike is awesome. Today’s, husky, Ktm, Gasgas, sherco and Beta are so good right out of the box.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby katoom400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:57 am

jacob429 wrote:You can really lug a 300 low with some clutch feathering too. I read somewhere that when Jarvis picks up a bike for a race he just riches the mid range (needle) a tad and doesn't do much else to the jetting. Who knows though. The richer mixture will make it feel more controllable to lug very low tho.

Last weekend, we gave him a bone stock 2018 TE300, all he did was put his seat, bar pad and plastics on it with his graphics/sponsors. adjust the clutch and brake levers to just about level and ride! he didn't even touch a suspension clicker! We were not just putting around a field either, he was going up and down some crazy stuff!
katoom400

Postby jacob429 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 am

katoom400 wrote:
jacob429 wrote:You can really lug a 300 low with some clutch feathering too. I read somewhere that when Jarvis picks up a bike for a race he just riches the mid range (needle) a tad and doesn't do much else to the jetting. Who knows though. The richer mixture will make it feel more controllable to lug very low tho.

Last weekend, we gave him a bone stock 2018 TE300, all he did was put his seat, bar pad and plastics on it with his graphics/sponsors. adjust the clutch and brake levers to just about level and ride! he didn't even touch a suspension clicker! We were not just putting around a field either, he was going up and down some crazy stuff!

Cool, so that helps confirm the article I read a while back. He will race a bike with stock suspension and even standard clickers. It's true what Hawaiidirtrider said, these things are usually just ready to race out of the box these days. My 300rr was jetted perfect and an awesome lugger from day 1.
jacob429

Postby katoom400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:04 am

jacob429 wrote:
katoom400 wrote:

Cool, so that helps confirm the article I read a while back. He will race a bike with stock suspension and even standard clickers. It's true what Hawaiidirtrider said, these things are usually just ready to race out of the box these days. My 300rr was jetted perfect and an awesome lugger from day 1.

Racing is different. He said they do run cone valve forks and Tracks shock, but the difference isn't huge, but said they are trying to win every Hard Enduro so....that's what he runs. I asked about AER and he said he likes a spring fork better. He said that other than that the bike is basically stock see him speak about it here:
http://realenduro.com/index.php?threads/graham-jarvis-technical-riding-academy-ny-oct-14-15.143/#post-47566
katoom400

Postby aj_mariner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

[quote="katoom400]

Racing is different. He said they do run cone valve forks and Tracks shock, but the difference isn't huge, but said they are trying to win every Hard Enduro so....that's what he runs. I asked about AER and he said he likes a spring fork better. He said that other than that the bike is basically stock see him speak about it here:
http://realenduro.com/index.php?threads/graham-jarvis-technical-riding-academy-ny-oct-14-15.143/#post-47566[/quote]

Did you ask him why he's still kicking around a hunqavarnish instead of gliding on a Beta? 8-)
Last edited by aj_mariner on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby katoom400 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 pm

aj_mariner wrote:[quote="katoom400

http://realenduro.com/index.php?threads/graham-jarvis-technical-riding-academy-ny-oct-14-15.143/#post-47566

Did you ask him why he's still kicking around a hunqavarnish instead of gliding on a Beta? 8-)

No need to ask....We all know the reason for that...$$$$$ That's why we don't have Cody Webb anymore!
katoom400

Postby aj_mariner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:32 pm

katoom400 wrote:No need to ask....We all know the reason for that...$$$$$ That's why we don't have Cody Webb anymore!

Yeah, now we have Tim Coleman...who's freaking chain fell off the rear sprocket in the beach race. :cry: At least there is still hope with Pol Tarres
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 pm

The 250/300 2 stroke enduro 2 stroke class is awesome. All the bikes are great with subtle differences. Everyone is good to race these just about stock only with small differences. Obviously I have chosen Beta for a bunch of reasons. It’s interesting that for many years Beta had the option to have an auto rekluse from American beta if anyone wanted.That’s great for some. It’s great to have options. .. but for me the auto is paying for something I don’t want. Almost all my friends who have tried auto clutch.. and there’s a pile of them .. have gone back to manual. Not all but I’d say 9 of 10.
hawaiidirtrider

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions & Announcements