Just made my first BYOB

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Just made my first BYOB

Postby Wallybean » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 am

2020 Beta 250 RR pic.jpg
2020 Beta 250 RR pic.jpg (164.07 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Just picked up my 2020 250 RR BYOB from Kolby Offroad. What a great experience. From Frank and Tim Pilg to the guys at Kolby Offroad it was just seamless, professional, and quite enjoyable. Kudos to you guys.
Wallybean

Postby webski » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am

I'll add another "Great to see you here Walt!!"
For all of you out there, I've had Walt set me up with three 165's over the years and one evolved to a 177. Still the best most effective woods motors I've ever had the pleasure to own. That's saying a lot since I've owned well over 50 off road bikes and have had the opportunity to ride many, many others. Dealing with Walt was always a pleasure.
I've made the switch to Beta as well as you already know since I sent you a note asking if you were looking at a big bore for the 125.
Getting ready to add a 390 RE to the 125RR in the stable. I wanted to do the BYOB but this model isn't available for that program.
I'm sure you'll enjoy that 250 Walt.
Happy Trails!!
webski

Postby Wallybean » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:03 am

webski wrote:I'll add another "Great to see you here Walt!!"
For all of you out there, I've had Walt set me up with three 165's over the years and one evolved to a 177. Still the best most effective woods motors I've ever had the pleasure to own. That's saying a lot since I've owned well over 50 off road bikes and have had the opportunity to ride many, many others. Dealing with Walt was always a pleasure.
I've made the switch to Beta as well as you already know since I sent you a note asking if you were looking at a big bore for the 125.
Getting ready to add a 390 RE to the 125RR in the stable. I wanted to do the BYOB but this model isn't available for that program.
I'm sure you'll enjoy that 250 Walt.
Happy Trails!!

Thanks!!!
Wallybean

Postby twowheels » Mon May 11, 2020 11:56 pm

webski wrote:I'll add another "Great to see you here Walt!!"

Happy Trails!!

It turns out that the 125 crank and the 200 cylinder would result, mathematically, in a 167 (or there about). I never pursued it though, because the 200 is such a good motor.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Previous

Return to General Discussions & Announcements