xtrainer engine map

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

xtrainer engine map

Postby fenderworks » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:03 pm

can anyone tell me what the difference is in the 2 map settings.?

i cant tell the difference between the rain mode and sunshine mode.
fenderworks
fenderworks

Re: xtrainer engine map

Postby aj_mariner » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 pm

You might hear the difference before you ever feel it
‘17 300 RE - gone
‘22 300 RE
aj_mariner

Postby StoneyWV » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:09 am

There is for sure a noticeable difference. The problem I see is what the map changes appears to be timing which equates to a rich exhaust and in turn excess oil in the two strokes. Still haven’t gotten the Xtrainer to stop spitting oil out after the break in. Seems to smoke more in the rain map so my fiancé stopped using it
StoneyWV

Postby fenderworks » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:15 pm

stoneywv,

i have been running in rain mode 100 percent of the time while on the trails. every once in a while i will switch to sunny mode, but no noticeable difference.
also i am not spitting any oil and only smoking during warm up, once warm, wow is it clean!

AJ,

i am going to run tomorrow in sunny mode and see if i notice a "sound" difference.

Thanks for the responses, i will have many more.

80 miles, 4.5 hours break-in is over!
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby StoneyWV » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:12 am

Yea, it’s funny to hear the differences in the bikes. How one smokes more than another and your at altitude as well which means you should be running rich right? Or have you re-jetted?
StoneyWV

Postby fenderworks » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm

ran the trainer all day in "sunshine" mode. i may have been able to feel, right off idle,a bit more power. seems like i would spin the rear wheel on rocks more that usual. no noticeable change in engine or exhaust sound.
i will check spark plug in the morning to see how it looks.
no oil spitting out of exhaust. and no i have not rejetted...its all stock. (i am riding at about 6000 ft).

at this point, it seems i like the "rain" mode better. but not by much, or maybe i am just imagining it all.

time to ride some more!
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby StoneyWV » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 am

If you haven’t changed jets then you aren’t going to notice going from rich to richer I would suspect. It’s very distinct difference down here on the beach.
StoneyWV

Postby Lotus54 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:30 am

I certainly notice it - first part of throttle opening, in 1st gear. It is much more ‘aggressive’ in the sun mode.
I run in ‘rain’ most of the time for the stuff I ride, if I accidentally bump it- I definitely notice it. It will react quicker at the first part of the throttle, even lower rpm it appears to me.
I don’t know how much it changes timing, I never have seen it detailed in the manual (but maybe I missed it).

I don’t have any oil/smoke/spooge issues. I am running OI with Motul 701. Rarely run more than 1/2 throttle, probably most of the time 1/3 or less. Even on the transfer roads I don’t really ‘wick it up’ much. I generally run quite low pressure (about 3psi) in a rear radial trials- so it is rather spooky on the road. Much better when I pump it up to 12psi or so on the road (but horrible on the gnarley stuff at that pressure).
Beta XTrainer 300, Electric Motion Escape ‘R’, OSSA Super Pioneer 1975, Benelli 750 sei, more
Lotus54

Postby fenderworks » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:47 pm

well i have changed my opinion.

rode friday in rain mode, then sunday in sunshine mode. yea, a pretty big difference, huge difference in the first quarter of the throttle.
that being said, i think rain mode fits my riding style a bit more as it has less of a hit at low rpm.
again, this is with stock jetting and float levels (i got to fix this float issue)
fenderworks
fenderworks

Return to General Discussions & Announcements