Fox titan sport jacket

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Fox titan sport jacket

Postby canamfan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:42 pm

I bought a fox titan full body armour jacket and it is so hot in any temp over 60. I'm over 60 so wanted good protection and it is good. The other day it was in the 50s and i went over the handlebars and it saved me. I wore it the other day when it was 70 and i was soaked with sweat with hardly any effort. I really need the protection, does anyone know of full body armour that won't dehydrate you in an hour. The dehydration is just as bad as crashing without protection in my opinion. This may have been discussed before but I'd like any ideas. Thanks in advance.
canamfan

Re: Fox titan sport jacket

Postby mtdirtbag » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 pm

While protection is important to us in the south end of their time on this earth, I just have a hard time with mitigating comfort with safety. I personally wear a full chest protector (plastic style) with a camelbak attached and feel more than enough protected. I do get hot but not overheated, this is in the NW portion of Montana but we still get very hot days in mid-summer. At present I'm looking for a backpack with hydration that attaches to a full front plate but my needs are to get weight off my lower back. But I realize we are all different so my protection may cause you undo complications, just some ideas for you.

Tom
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby canamfan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:40 am

I forgot to mention i ride in mostly tight woods 2nd and 3rd gear sometimes 4th and the occasional wide open blast across a field. I wore a regular chest protector for years but i think they were designed to deflect the roost from other bikes and to protect your organs when you crashwith other bikes. These full body armours are like wearing a glove on your body , when i crash i usually hit the back of my forearms and land on my back. I may just have to work on getting hydrated better. I have hung my water on the back of my chest protector and didn't like it. It pulled it down in the back and caused the front to rubb on the front of my neck. I've also worn it under the chest protector but i don't believe that would work with body armour. I probably should just quit complaining and go ride more.
canamfan

Postby KGAWDTSi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 pm

I just wear a moisture wicking t-shirt under my full body armor. No jersey. It’s still hotter than a convention chest protector but not as bad as the full body armor with a jersey over the top
2014 Beta 300rr
2007 Honda Cr250r
KGAWDTSi

Postby Amurican Dirt Rider » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:05 pm

This is what I've gone to, and I like it so far....

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ridi ... ase-layers

They have a version that has chest and back protection, and a version that is just arm protection. Either way, they breathe pretty well.
2019 Beta 500 RR-S
1993 CR125R
2005 TT-R230
Amurican Dirt Rider

Return to General Discussions & Announcements