Handlebar Position ??

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Handlebar Position ??

Postby Yorick » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Does it make a difference ? I don't mean the mounting points. I mean where the bars point (if that makes sense?)

When you tighten them up, they can move back and forth over a foot. I never get mine in the same position. Is there an optimum angle ? Does it make any difference ?

Just wondering :)
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Re: Handlebar Position ??

Postby TripleThreat719 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Bar Width, Height, Rise, and Sweep, as well as rotational position in the bar clamp are all very personal preference decisions. A lot of it is influenced by your personal size as a rider... These are rhetorical questions, I really don't want you to answer, because even if you provided the answers, I couldn't advise you about what you are most comfortable with... It's all personal preference... How tall are you?, How long are your arms?, Where do you ride?, Do you ride sitting or standing?... All of these things influence your decisions.
On the Road Less Traveled... You Meet the Most Interesting People
2017 Beta X-Trainer
2006 Husqvarna TE 610
2006 BMW R1150RT
TripleThreat719

Postby Yorick » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:01 pm

I didn't know that I'd be sitting an exam :(
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby Aviduser » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Well, you could always get another riders opinion on bar positioning. An experienced rider would be able to tell you in two seconds if your close or not.

As said, bar rise/sweep/pitch e.t.c vary widely. So no there isn't a specific position.

Loosen everything up and roll the bars back and forth. Find what feels right. Ride it and see if you'd like them rolled forward or back more.

Think alot of bars have a gauge printed near the clamps its pretty self explanatory.
Aviduser

Return to General Discussions & Announcements