My 2021 Beta 500 RR-S Supermoto Build

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

My 2021 Beta 500 RR-S Supermoto Build

Postby DJ Tomás » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

NewSupermoto3Small.jpg
Shake down ride on the new supermoto wheels!
NewSupermoto3Small.jpg (167.03 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
Hi all! New member/new Beta Owner/new dirt bike rider here. I just thought I'd add a post in about my new 2021 500 RR-S supermoto build. I've not found the information I was looking for and wanted to add a post in the hopes that it benefits someone else. Get comfortable, long story. Last month I bought a 2021 500 RR-S 4T from my local dealer after doing some research on a bike I could use as a triple threat bike (dirt bike/supermoto/snow bike) to compliment my BMW R1250 GS Adventure. I've added a few accessories already, and have quite a few more on the way. After watching a few videos on the IMS tank install, I noticed most installers had issues fishing the fuel pump innards through, and I attached a string tied to the end of the wires/tubes and simply pulled everything through. Piece of cake install with that done. My TuBliss install is holding air fine as I installed it within the first 3 hours of riding. They say you shouldn't install it on a tire that has had a rim lock installed because of the dents it makes in the old tire, but I'm holding tire pressure fine. My supermoto wheels have been a frustration to this day. I went through The Cycle House for the tubeless Warp 9 wheels. I ordered a Cush drive set and when they arrived, the front tire was mounted backwards, I was missing a tire valve cap, the rear wheel was not a cush drive hub, and the 320mm brake adapter bracket doesn't fit with the speedo reed sensor. The Cycle House has offered to take care of me, but this has been a pain. I always change my own tires, so I installed the front tire correctly (they offered to pay for me to take it to a local shop to fix), They paid for me to ship the rear wheel back and rebuild it, and I have since received it with a valve stem cap. The ongoing issue is the 320mm brake adapter bracket. It holds the brake, but does not allow the speedo reed sensor magnet to be installed from the TrailTech Voyager. It's off by a bit and will require some tooling to make it work. I've only found one bracket among all the vendors online that uses the factory Nissin brake caliper. All of them state it will fit, but the bracket only comes from one manufacturer. MY 2020 has changed and the current bracket will not fit. Warp9 is supposedly designing another bracket for the year models 2020+. I'm left using the 260mm rotor on the supermoto wheel until they get the new one designed (which is months away). I could use the new bracket only If I'm willing to leave the TrailTech speedo disattached. I wanted to get that info out to the interwebs in case somebody else is considering the same build as I. I am waiting for a Scott's SUB mount damper, Squadron Pro light, steel oil pump gears, Rekluse clutch, oversize coolant pump in the mail. I'm finding quite a few delays in shipping items in these times. At least I can ride the bike...the struggle is real...
DJ Tomás

Re: My 2021 Beta 500 RR-S Supermoto Build

Postby Deck1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:39 am

my magnet came off my disc years ago during a ride. I switched Voyager to GPS signal for speed and odometer and I am fine with it. It definitely wouldn't keep me from running a bigger disc setup. The magnet signal is slightly more responsive, but hasn't been an issue really.
Dale in Colfax
2016 500RS
Deck1

Postby fenderworks » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:17 pm

NICE!
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby DJ Tomás » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:50 am

Updates...
Brake adapter parts sourced through local Yamaha dealer!
Oversize water pump is not made yet for the MY2020+ bikes. I ordered one and it does not fit even though they are stated to fit all 2010+ bikes.
The rest of the parts are installed or being installed today with my 30 hr. service. Just about ready to get into the valves. Seems crazy to put a tamper proof torx screw on top of the valve cover and not include a tool with the bike.
Loving the bike!!!
DJ Tomás

Postby DJ Tomás » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:49 pm

It's been a fun summer! My triple threat (dirt/supermoto/snow) bike is ready for winter!
Attachments
BetaSnowbikeLowRes.jpg
BetaSnowbikeLowRes.jpg (159.04 KiB) Viewed 4707 times
DJ Tomás

Postby GMK999 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Great set-up!!
Have you been able to get it out in the snow yet?
GMK999

Postby DJ Tomás » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:39 pm

Yes. Bike works great. Now I just need to improve my skills...
Attachments
IMG_9083.jpg
IMG_9083.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
DJ Tomás

Postby 898 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:07 pm

Nice! What a coincidence, I was just talking with a co-worker today at a mine in northern Ontario and he said his brother has a 500 Super Moto and has the Timberwolf snow bike kit.

Return to General Discussions & Announcements