Best Pads and Rotors?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: Best Pads and Rotors?

Postby Hurky » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:59 am

I like the front NISSIN pads as they come with the Bike stock, but they are a little more expensive and I replaced the front ones with ProX and so far so good, I like them ...

On the rear I changed the Nissins out at half it's life because they literally were eating away the rotor and I put some cheap Delta Braking pads on there, those are softer and usually do not tent to eat up rotors as much, but the break feeling is worse, not aggressive, on the Beta rear rotor I don't like them as much as I did on my other bikes, I only used Delta Braking pads in the last years with my previous bikes.

I am about to trow a new rear rotor on as the stock is getting very thin already, those Galfer that came stock are the rotors that lasted me the least time, on my previous bikes I used to wear several pads through one rotor, I don't remember exactly, but let's say 4 pads before the rotor was worn down, on the Beta it were only two pads and the rotor is shot... Probably the Galfers are a softer compound than the NG's I used be4...

Well I am planning to get this rotor as a replacement:

Yes, it's another Galfer (looks like I do not learn) , but I like that design more as I ride a lot in the mud.

Cheers !
Hurky

Postby Yorick » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Hurky wrote:I like the front NISSIN pads as they come with the Bike stock, but they are a little more expensive and I replaced the front ones with ProX and so far so good, I like them ...

On the rear I changed the Nissins out at half it's life because they literally were eating away the rotor and I put some cheap Delta Braking pads on there, those are softer and usually do not tent to eat up rotors as much, but the break feeling is worse, not aggressive, on the Beta rear rotor I don't like them as much as I did on my other bikes, I only used Delta Braking pads in the last years with my previous bikes.

I am about to trow a new rear rotor on as the stock is getting very thin already, those Galfer that came stock are the rotors that lasted me the least time, on my previous bikes I used to wear several pads through one rotor, I don't remember exactly, but let's say 4 pads before the rotor was worn down, on the Beta it were only two pads and the rotor is shot... Probably the Galfers are a softer compound than the NG's I used be4...

Yes, it's another Galfer (looks like I do not learn) , but I like that design more as I ride a lot in the mud.

Cheers !

Cool :)
Beta X-Trainer
GSXR1000
Yorick

Postby pscook » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:32 am

Hurky wrote:I like the front NISSIN pads as they come with the Bike stock, but they are a little more expensive and I replaced the front ones with ProX and so far so good, I like them ...

Cheers !

Remember that Beta uses 260mm rear rotor, as the KTM and GasGas use 240mm (which make them cheaper and easier to find). And I have found that cheap ebay rotors are fine for the rear as I don't mind having a little reduced performance (I'm not too fast) for cheap. And I don't ride enough to go through the pads and rotors that fast.
pscook

Postby Hurky » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:15 am

Well my RR 2019 does have a 240mm rear rotor, and as per this page the new ones come that way as well:
https://betausa.com/2022-300-rr-race-edition/
Hurky

Previous

Return to General Discussions & Announcements