Dealer assembly?

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Dealer assembly?

Postby GMK999 » Mon May 30, 2022 4:25 pm

Do Bikes arrive at the dealer pre assembled 100%? Or do they come in pieces and are assembled somewhat before they hit the sales floor? If any what part of final assembly happens at the dealership?
Thanks IA
GMK999

Re: Dealer assembly?

Postby JoeMaico » Tue May 31, 2022 6:28 am

Of the ones I have seen that arrived in crates, everything but the handle bars and accompanying controls were already attached. I am sure there are a few other components needing assembly, but it is not too complicated. Reputable dealers will then make sure that the more important bolts (engine mounts, handle bar clamps, gear shift, axel's, etc.) are tightened correctly, fluids are topped off, the clutch and brakes are in proper working order, and the bike is safe to ride. Why do you ask? Thinking of getting a crate delivery at home? Or, just wondering why Dealer Prep Fees are so high?

joe
JoeMaico

Postby wwguy » Tue May 31, 2022 9:17 am

wwguy

Postby GMK999 » Tue May 31, 2022 3:26 pm

Thanks,My bike came with some rookie set up mistakes, Map switch not connected, barely any grease (a light spray of white lithium) on the steering head and swing arm, and this weekend I noticed a kink in my chain. Someone neglected to put the o(or x) rings on the inside of my master link.
Rookie stuff. Just didn't want to blame the wronged of the sales chain.
GMK999

Postby JoeMaico » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:13 am

Unfortunately, that sounds like factory goofs. No grease has been a failing on Beta for years. My 2016 RE was rationed as well. Hopefully, those are all that you find.

joe
JoeMaico

Return to General Discussions & Announcements