New Xtrainer owner

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

New Xtrainer owner

Postby Toro5xi » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:29 pm

Just bought a 2024 Xtrainer. Only ridden around the field so far but fantastic. My other bike is a CRF450RL. Really enjoying how much lighter the Beta is.
Had a problem with the speedo out of the gate but the suggestions on here related to the magnet on the rotor have seemed to address the issue so far.
The other issue I had occurred at the dealer. This must be one of the first bikes equipped with the security tether system. The bike would not start when I went to pick up. The dealer contacted Beta who said to remove the system entirely. Not sure if Beta intends to fix the security system or not at this point.
Haven’t had a 2 stroke since a Yamaha DT 100. This really reminds me of my younger days. Really enjoying the bike but a little concerned with Beta’s quality control practices. This is not my only bike and I enjoy working on bikes so not really concerned but for someone looking for an idiot proof bike right off the showroom floor this may not be the best choice.

Other than the electrical items this bike is great. I’ve not messed with the jetting at all and I’m at sea level approx 70 degrees today. Bike starts right up with choke on but immediately shut off. Throttle response is immediate with lots of torque right off idle. My fuel injected CRF needed an aftermarket ECU to feel close to this. Lifting the front wheel is effortless with no clutch work required.
Brakes are very firm with no sponginess. The braided brake lines are a nice touch. Clutch action is light with a nice engagement zone.
I’m not much of an expert on suspension but this bike is much softer than my CRF. I weight 165 pounds. Feels great so far but I could see someone heavier needing firmer springs.
I’ve only had Japanese bikes and Triumph but wanted to try something different this time. Time will tell but I’m really liking this bike.
Toro5xi

Return to General Discussions & Announcements