My New 2015 300RR...

General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Re: My New 2015 300RR...

Postby Duffy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 pm

The bike is just amazing... Be prepared for Rock Star status when you get your bike! Not only is the 300rr the perfect machine IMO but it will catch peoples eye as they have only probably heard of this mythical machine. I just traveled to NC to visit family for the holidays. I of course took my bike so my brother and I could get some riding in. We went to a local spot and I was constantly approached by people curious about my Beta.

I only have about 5 hours on the bike but loving it more and more. The way in handles is superb, ergonomically perfect, rides and feels light, endless power, doesn’t break traction and the stock rear Michelin Enduro is awesome!

Just for you or anyone else this bike has been put to the test in the harsh West Virginia terrain. Steep hill climbs; both speed hills and tech climbs through woods, Shale, Rock, Clay/Mud, Numerous and extreme elevation changes, off camber/side hill climbs, numerous logs and creek beds. Most all single track riding!

The suspension is fine so far, could use a little tuning but I’m going to wait until I have 15-20 hours on the bike then fine tune it. But for stock suspension I hit woops in NC, slammed berms and even hit a couple small doubles. It worked fine for me at 180lbs 6'.
Duffy

Postby betabound » Sun May 03, 2015 9:26 am

Duffy wrote:The bike is just amazing... Be prepared for Rock Star status when you get your bike! Not only is the 300rr the perfect machine IMO but it will catch peoples eye as they have only probably heard of this mythical machine. I just traveled to NC to visit family for the holidays. I of course took my bike so my brother and I could get some riding in. We went to a local spot and I was constantly approached by people curious about my Beta.

I only have about 5 hours on the bike but loving it more and more. The way in handles is superb, ergonomically perfect, rides and feels light, endless power, doesn’t break traction and the stock rear Michelin Enduro is awesome!

Just for you or anyone else this bike has been put to the test in the harsh West Virginia terrain. Steep hill climbs; both speed hills and tech climbs through woods, Shale, Rock, Clay/Mud, Numerous and extreme elevation changes, off camber/side hill climbs, numerous logs and creek beds. Most all single track riding!

The suspension is fine so far, could use a little tuning but I’m going to wait until I have 15-20 hours on the bike then fine tune it. But for stock suspension I hit woops in NC, slammed berms and even hit a couple small doubles. It worked fine for me at 180lbs 6'.

Nice reports on your new ride! Do you have the race version or not race? Personally, I'm torn between the 250RR and the 300RR. I've never been the type to keep the motor high in the rev range and having lots of low down torque really rocks my world.

Did you look at the 250 before getting the 300? If you did, what made you decide on the bigger bore?

Safe travels!
betabound

Postby betajuice » Sun May 03, 2015 1:01 pm

Duffy wrote:...And where the exhaust connects to the silencer at rubber donut, it was blowing fuel/oil all over the engine??? Maybe need to zip tie or possibly the bike is still breaking in???....

late reply but in case anyone else has the same issue.... yep a zip tie fixes it. some of the 2015 models (including several of us here in oz) had an incorrectly sized rubber donut thingy from the factory. our dealer got a batch of the correct ones sent over to give to us. one of the guys put this in and it was way better but still a bit of black goo oozing out so he just zip tied it again.
betajuice

Previous

Return to General Discussions & Announcements