My Old Beta for Sale

My Old Beta for Sale

Postby coopernicus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I have a 1980 Beta CR 500 MX that I'm thinking about selling and wanted to see if there was any interest on this forum before I try and sell on the vintage mx forums. I don't have pictures right now as the bike is still awaiting reconstruction in my basement from when I bought it many years ago. Contrary to what people may think, Beta has been making bikes for a very long time and were very popular in the '70s so it's absolutely no surprise they are successful now. This model of bike was also ridden by Jim Pomeroy in the MX Nat'ls back in the day and it is rumored that his bike is still floating around the Northwest making this one of 2 or 3 like it in the country! I believe this bike is 420cc (they were called 500s) with Corte Cosso shocks and Marzocchi forks, it's pretty much original except the prior owner put a Grimeca disc on the front and welded the kicker on to the shaft :( . Parts may be available out of Italy or Europe in general but I have not had luck asking local Beta dealers for parts. I've got a lot in the bike but I decided I need to reduce my collection of vintage Euro dirt bikes. If you are truly interested, send me a message and I will take pictures and we can talk price (somewhere around $2k for this forum only)...I will try to get some pictures up in the next week but take a look at this link to see what it looks like: http://www.moto.it/moto-epoca/betamotor ... sg=4796658

That link will take you to the best source in Italy for dirt bike sales! "Moto-epoca" is for vintage bikes but they have newer ones, too!
Thanks for reading about my old Beta!

Eric in Co.
coopernicus

Re: My Old Beta for Sale

Postby flybars » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Cool looking bike.
'14 300rr
flybars

Re: My Old Beta for Sale

Postby Beta Steve » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Long ago I had an '87 Beta 250 enduro, wicked fast but, compared to my '89 RMX, evil handling... But it absolutely ate kick start pieces so I can relate to welding it together. Was told it was the only one in the country, sold it to a collector I see occasionally, will have to see if he still has it and can supply a pic or two...
Beta Steve

Return to Used Bikes