2014 Marzocchi Damper Rod

Bikes, Parts, etc.

2014 Marzocchi Damper Rod

Postby Newy69 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am

Hi guys,
I've just bought a 2014 Beta 300RR and found the RH fork leaking real bad.
The forks are 48mm Marzocchi Reds, closed chamber.
I stripped it down and found the damper rod is worn about .002" with a few grooves as well.
I realise Marzocchi is out of business but was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a good second hand one or new for that matter.
I also need the bush as well. The damper rod is 11.88mm diameter.

Thanks
Brett
2014 Beta 300RR
Newy69

Re: 2014 Marzocchi Damper Rod

Postby Darkside » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Marzocchi is back in business. Contact zip-ty racing. They used to be the us distributor for Marz. If they are not any more they may still have an inventory of parts
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby Newy69 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:02 am

Thanks, I'll give them a try
2014 Beta 300RR
Newy69

Postby chasejj » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 am

Darkside wrote:Marzocchi is back in business. Contact zip-ty racing. They used to be the us distributor for Marz. If they are not any more they may still have an inventory of parts

You guys are aware that Marzocchi was purchased lock stock and barrel by Fox Racing Shox. They are preparing to launch new product, but the Moto side of the equation is still a bit cloudy.
chasejj

Postby wwguy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:19 pm

chasejj wrote:You guys are aware that Marzocchi was purchased lock stock and barrel by Fox Racing Shox. They are preparing to launch new product, but the Moto side of the equation is still a bit cloudy.

Marzocchi's moto suspension business was never owned by Fox.

Tenneco, Marzocchi's previous parent company, sold the mountain bike products portion of Marzocchi to Fox Factory Inc. in November 2015.

VRM, an Italian supplier of motorcycle components to BMW and Ducati et al, acquired the Marzocchi motorcycle suspension business from Tenneco in late December 2015. In mid-January 2015 VRM announced that the Marzocchi moto suspension business would move into a brand new dedicated production plant.

Based on this web page it appears Marzocchi is still making the 48mm USD CC forks with PFP.

The following appears at the bottom of the Fox/Marzocchi wep page at http://www.marzocchi.com:
NOTE:
Neither FOX Factory nor Marzocchi Mountain Bike Products are affiliated with Marzocchi Motorbike Suspsension or VRM S.p.A.
If you are looking for the Marzocchi Motorbike Suspension visit: marzocchimoto.com
wwguy

Postby chasejj » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:47 pm

I didn't realize they split the divisions up when they sold. Thanks.
chasejj

Postby wwguy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:07 pm

I didn't realize it either until I bought a new 48mm OC fork kit for my Xtrainer from Boano Racing last month. I'm still not sure where to buy parts for maintenance etc. Gas Gas and Beta seemed to have jumped from the Marzocchi ship a while ago.
wwguy

Postby Newy69 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:22 pm

wwguy wrote:
chasejj wrote:You guys are aware that Marzocchi was purchased lock stock and barrel by Fox Racing Shox. They are preparing to launch new product, but the Moto side of the equation is still a bit cloudy.

Marzocchi's moto suspension business was never owned by Fox.

Tenneco, Marzocchi's previous parent company, sold the mountain bike products portion of Marzocchi to Fox Factory Inc. in November 2015.

VRM, an Italian supplier of motorcycle components to BMW and Ducati et al, acquired the Marzocchi motorcycle suspension business from Tenneco in late December 2015. In mid-January 2015 VRM announced that the Marzocchi moto suspension business would move into a brand new dedicated production plant.

Based on this web page it appears Marzocchi is still making the 48mm USD CC forks with PFP.

The following appears at the bottom of the Fox/Marzocchi wep page at http://www.marzocchi.com:
NOTE:
Neither FOX Factory nor Marzocchi Mountain Bike Products are affiliated with Marzocchi Motorbike Suspsension or VRM S.p.A.
If you are looking for the Marzocchi Motorbike Suspension visit: marzocchimoto.com

Thanks wwguy, I sent an email to "marzocchimoto.com on Monday with no response as yet, maybe it's just the Christmas rush.
I did get a reply from zip-ty racing asking which parts I was chasing, although I'd already stated which parts I was chasing, anyway I emailed them a copy of the parts diagram, circling the parts I need.No reply as yet.
Although this is probably not Beta's fault it's just a bit disheartening to have a 2 year old bike that I cannot seem to get fork parts and the suspension forum is saying to throw the Marzocchi forks away and fit Kyb's.
Hopefully I won't read in the engine forum "that a KTM 300 engine will fit with a few mods and is much easier to get parts"
Haha, just kidding.
Anyway, thanks for your help so far.
2014 Beta 300RR
Newy69

Postby twowheels » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 pm

wwguy wrote:I didn't realize it either until I bought a new 48mm OC fork kit for my Xtrainer from Boano Racing last month. I'm still not sure where to buy parts for maintenance etc. Gas Gas and Beta seemed to have jumped from the Marzocchi ship a while ago.

The 2017 GG still wear Marzocchis up front. Their project bike was shown at EICMA this past year with KYBs front and rear, but as far as I can tell no production dates have been released.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby ugglan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 am

How was your progress ?
I am also curious about where to find Marzocchi parts.
// Ugglan
ugglan

Next

Return to "Wanted to Buy" and "Wanted to Trade"