Any trials riders on this forum?

For those who ride "feet up".

Any trials riders on this forum?

Postby markbxr400 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:01 am

Just picked up a 2016 EVO 300 4T up in Colorado enroute from lower Alabama to Moab, UT and Montrose, CO for a week of riding with my son (Michigan) this past week. Spent 4 days on my Husky FE501, and the last day on the EVO. What a blast!

Anyone else on this forum doing any trials? Seems to be more of an RR and X-Trainer forum.

Ride safe,

Mark
Attachments
IMG_7518.JPG
IMG_7518.JPG (175.39 KiB) Viewed 17849 times
IMG_7446.JPG
IMG_7446.JPG (174.8 KiB) Viewed 17849 times
2018 Beta XTrainer, 2017 Montesa Cota 300RR, 2017 Montesa Cota 4RT260, 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere, 2006 CRF230, 2007 Honda CRF70, 2018 OSET 12.5R for the GK's
markbxr400

Re: Any trials riders on this forum?

Postby Lonesome Dave » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Mark, yes it's mostly RR, X-Trainer, but mainly 300rr 2T. And yes to your question, I'm a trials rider (not any good) but still have fun. I have a 2004 Sherco 2.9. It falls down a lot. But the balance it teaches you is crazy. I've had other riders complain they can't follow me, they have to wait on technical stuff until I'm through it so they can blast through. I'm old and have nothing to prove. It just makes me laugh.
If you want to go fast, learn to go slow! I think Barry said that.
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Postby twowheels » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 pm

We're in the process of becoming a Beta trials dealer, and plan to offer the same top-flite service to the rock-hoppers amongst us. Once the trials bug bites, you're hooked for life.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby bikesparky » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 am

Yeah ride trials. Learned a lot from it, mainly proper clutch control as with road bike background that was lacking big time.
The balancing thing is very nice too and comes in handy.
Still learning heaps and I see it as something I will still be able to do if I reach 80... :roll:
Only have an old gasgas but she does the job the old girl!
bikesparky

Postby markbxr400 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Awesome. Came to this forum after buying a Beta and was disappointed to not see much activity in the trials area. Early summer, I had seriously considered buying an X-Trainer to have a mix between trail bike and trials bike. Ended up buying a new Husky FE 501. Just finished with all the mods to make it run and handle well. But definitely not a trials bike, thus the EVO 4T purchase.

Have ordered new springs to get it closer to my weight (220lbs dressed), and will start figuring out the jetting/spring as the PO rode at 8,000+ feet and I ride at sea level. Decel pop and flamed out pretty bad last week at 6,000 feet, so I imagine it will be excessively lean in lower Alabama. Haven't had a chance to ride it down here yet as I'm still cleaning up from hurricane Nate. Riding gear on the way. Can't wait to get into it!
2018 Beta XTrainer, 2017 Montesa Cota 300RR, 2017 Montesa Cota 4RT260, 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere, 2006 CRF230, 2007 Honda CRF70, 2018 OSET 12.5R for the GK's
markbxr400

Postby Kiki » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:56 am

I joined this forum for the XTrainer info and soon realized that the XT and RR really consume the lions share of the discussion here. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Now, after a summer of very tight technical riding, and also a trials instructional day, i realize that this is a thing i have to do. So the Xtrainer is up for sale ("one toy at a time, dear") and i am soon to be a proud owner of an EVO 300.
As a fitness guy, the trials is much more physical, and also a better workout.
There is a lack of forums and forum topics on trials, sadly. Which is simply a reflection of how few of us actually ride trials bikes. It surprises me , since this is so much fun. With the rapid closure of public lands all over north America, trials may grow, since you need so little space to run.
As my daddy used to say " Never slap a man when he's chewin' tobacca"
You Tube https://www.youtube.com/user/kiki231000
Kiki

Postby bikesparky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Kiki wrote:I joined this forum for the XTrainer info and soon realized that the XT and RR really consume the lions share of the discussion here. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Now, after a summer of very tight technical riding, and also a trials instructional day, i realize that this is a thing i have to do. So the Xtrainer is up for sale ("one toy at a time, dear") and i am soon to be a proud owner of an EVO 300.
As a fitness guy, the trials is much more physical, and also a better workout.
There is a lack of forums and forum topics on trials, sadly. Which is simply a reflection of how few of us actually ride trials bikes. It surprises me , since this is so much fun. With the rapid closure of public lands all over north America, trials may grow, since you need so little space to run.

I half agree with you here. Trials is a very good workout and grossly understated how fit a rider needs to be to ride properly BUT! If you think enduro is not as physical, you're doing it wrong. A bit like saying riding a push bike is no exercise but just riding it to the letterbox. If you find a bit harder terrain and push yourself you'll find out it's one of the sports that requires heaps of physical condition. Wear a heart monitor and ride it up a gnarly hill a few times, see what happens!
And that "one toy at the time dear" is utter BS, she has only one pair of shoes or one set of earrings...?! :D :mrgreen:
bikesparky

Postby rocks2roots » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

Me Me Me! I ride Vintage here in PA. I love to trail ride up in the Pocono's on my Bultacos. I just got a X Trainer and waiting to get out!
Bultaco Sherpt T 250, Bultaco Sherpa T325, Kymco K Pipe, Honda Nighthawk, KDX 200, Beta x Trainer 300
rocks2roots

Postby Goatse » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 am

I plan on picking one up this spring. Hopefully a 200. I want to use it for a play bike for myself, and also a bike for my daughters to learn better clutch control on. The consequences of dropping one aren't near what they are their bike bikes, and putting a foot down will be much easier. I imagine it'll give them confidence quicker than their big bikes could.
Goatse

Postby Survivor » Wed May 09, 2018 11:04 pm

I will buy a new Beta Evo next week.
Not decided yet between the 125 or 200 yet. Decision base on my damaged knees but would prefer the Evo 200. My first Trial bike! Yeah!
I will go and try both next week.
If the 200 works, I will get it from my X Trainer dealer.
Cheers and here is another good site: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/
Survivor

Next

Return to Trials