Scotts Steering Stabilizer Damper SOLD

New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

Scotts Steering Stabilizer Damper SOLD

Postby vntgmxr88 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:33 pm

I have a Scotts stabilizer and mount kit for a 2014 RR 250 or 300 that I would like to sell. I didn't find out until it arrived that it is necessary to file down the frame welds near the top of the steering head for the post to fit properly. I tapped the mount down over the welds, and it seemed like it was far enough, but upon assembly, found that it was not. I guess it's personal choice, but I don't want to file the welds. The bottom of the post mount is buggered up a bit from being tapped down over the welds, but could be cleaned up easily with a dremel tool. Other than that, the whole set up is new. Also includes a guide for the throttle cable which attaches to the post. I paid well over $500 for the set up, will sell for $300 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.
Last edited by vntgmxr88 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vntgmxr88

Re: Scotts Steering Stabilizer Damper

Postby Hubert Carpet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:04 pm

I have just bought one of these myself and will be heading into the garage tomorrow night to fit it. I am hoping not to have to do much weld filing but will do if necessary although some careful repainting will be necessary to keep rust out.

Try and stick with it as I am sure that you will benefit from the damper and it would be a shame to drop a lot of cash on what is a fine piece of engineering.

Enduroguy posted some video footage on an earlier thread "Second ride on my 14 Beta 300RR" and he had the Scotts damper set on his bike. I think it was a dealer or BYOB fit but it might be worth a PM to find out how he gets on with it.
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby GMP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 pm

I fit one, was the only PIA setting up the bike. I too said screw that to filing up the frame, so I filed up the clamp instead. Every bike will be different because the welds are. It's A LOT of R&R and filling to fit. Ended up taking about half the surface area off along the rear half, but its good and does not slip. Use some paint or blue to determine contact points to file off. Be prepared for a long night, but it will work.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby twowheels » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm

GMP wrote: Be prepared for a long night, but it will work.

Most of the world has nothing but time ... is it ever going to stop snowing? We're supposed to be headed to South Carolina in a couple weeks but I haven't seen my truck since the last big storm :shock:
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby GMP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 am

"The Shining" comes to mind. :twisted: :shock:
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby ratpatrol56 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Did this get sold?
ratpatrol56