For Sale Ohlins RXF 48mm Fork

New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

For Sale Ohlins RXF 48mm Fork

Postby onegreyghost » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:40 pm

I have a set of Ohlins RXF forks that will fit a Beta. They come with caliper mount, caliper spacer and wheel spacer. The forks have been sprung and valved by Ohlins for woods riding. I also have extra springs. $1,800 call or send me pm if you are interested. 704.975.3005
onegreyghost

Re: For Sale Ohlins RXF 48mm Fork

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:22 am

would you know if these would fit a current KTM ?
23' 430RE
23' 250RE
21' 350RE
20', 200rr, gone
20', 250rr, Ye-haw !
18', 250rr,gone
18' 125rr, KYB forks, gone
16' 250rr, KYB forks-sold
15' 250rr RE-sold
14' 450rr, gone
14' 250rr-sold
14' 450rr KYB forks.
Hyde

Postby onegreyghost » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Sorry they will not fit a KTM due the clamp size and the KTM uses a brembo brake while Beta and GG use nissin nothing matches up. I just purchased a new 2015 Sherco SE/R 300 two stroke and it wouldn't bolt up. After riding the Sherco I decided I wasn't going to ride the Beta again and sold it but kept the fork. It's literally brand new.
onegreyghost

Postby Timber » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

That Sherco must be unbelievable to make a statement like that!!
Timber

Postby onegreyghost » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Believe me I was very skeptical of the Sherco as well no kick starter, wp suspension, electronic actuated power valve until a friend let me borrow his for a week. I rode it on the exact same trails as the Beta and I was suprised how effortlessy it steered. The motor is smooth as silk....dont get me wrong I loved the Beta but just felt more confident on the Sherco. The beta is a top notch bike I just couldn't get it to work for me. I threw a ton of money at the suspension like others have with KYB fork change but didn't want to change front wheels, new ckamps worry about all that off set measuring garbage so I went an easier but more expensive route with Ohlins. We all live and learn some on here like GMP say its a race bike you gotta be able to move around on it to make it respond. Well I guess I have disagree because you shouldn't have to move around on your bike like a monkey trying to screw a football to get it to react. Therefore I decided my riding style didn't work for the beta. They are great bikes, I just coulcouldn't get comfortable with mine so I sold it to someone who believes it's a great bike.
onegreyghost

Postby ks9mm » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:15 am

what weight is it currently sprang for? any more valving details?
2014 Beta 300RR
2015 Husky TE125 (sold)
Husky WR300 (sold)
Husky TE510 supermoto sold
ks9mm

Postby onegreyghost » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't have any details on the valving other than it's set up very plush 4 single track for lots of roots, rocks and square edge hits. Currently it has .43 springs but I have one .45 and one .47. Ohlins used different combinations as they worked on the set up. I am a 180 lb b level rider and its a little to soft I think .45 would be perfect.
onegreyghost

Postby Darkside » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:15 am

Hi onegreyghost,
Can you comment as to comparing the seat height? Specs show the Sherco lower than ktm but taller than Beta. I was considering a Sherco, but I'm a shorty
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby onegreyghost » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:09 pm

I will do the best that I can to provide an unbiased review of the Beta and Sherco. Some background first. I have three to four riding friends that ride every week, we put about 3000miles a year on a dirtbike and have rode every brand availabe. We have doing this for 30 years and 90% of the riding we do is single track. We ride 5-7 enduros a year. The numbers are straight from the manual. Beta weight 104kg, seat height 930mm, ground clearance 320mm, pegs clearance 407mm, fuel capacity 9.5l. Sherco weight couldn't find it in the manual, seat height 970mm, ground clearance 350mm, peg clearance couldn't find it but feels higher than beta, fuel capacity 9.5l. Both bikes are very well engineered and the fit and finish is as good as anything available. The motors are very similar on how they make and deliver power but the Sherco seems smother almost electric like maybe that is due to such a large fly wheel weight and electronic power valve. Both have dual map switches that you can feel the difference however the sherco is very noticable, the importer says its a 7 hp difference. Neither motors have boiled an ounce of coolant and seem bullet proof. The beta is easier to tune the power characteristics with the manual adjustable power valve. This would come in handy dialing in the power for different types of riding conditions. The ergonomics of the sherco is super slinder and transitions easier in single track conditions. Both are rock steady pinned in 6 th gear. I have riden KTM's for years and was very skeptical of going back to WP but was blown away of how good it really works. I am not sure what Sherco requested but its way better than any KTM set up. The suspension and handling is the biggest difference between the two bikes. To me this is where the Sherco really begins to shine, the tougher and nastier the conditions the better it responds. Its very effortless to maneuver between trees and over trail trash. The front end sticks like glue to the ground allowing me to put more confidence in the front and worry about it slipping and tucking. The beta on the other hand I really struggled with the turning and never had any confidence in the front end. Seems like it wanted to cross rut and tuck constantly. Like I said earlier we put about 3000 miles on a bike a year and I sold the beta and it had less than 500. Again this is my experience while others are winning races on them I just never got comfortable. My suggestion would be to demo ride both in the area that you mostly like to ride and then choose but for me I will purchase another Sherco I believe they are that good for the conditions we like to ride. I hope this helps and let me know if you would like to hear more specifics.
onegreyghost

Return to Parts