Ohlins RFX Forks for sale

New/Used Components and All Bike Part Outs

Re: Ohlins RFX Forks for sale

Postby Darkside » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am

redrider » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:33 pm
:lol: That's interesting.

I bought the other guy's RXF forks. Thought I had seen where these were sold over there. I could be mistaken though.

Good to have you back TN-BETA!

Didn't you have a set of KYB's for sale? What happened with those?
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby GMP » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 am

Other guy from TN was Onegreyghost.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby redrider » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:13 am

Darkside wrote:
redrider » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:33 pm
:lol: That's interesting.

I bought the other guy's RXF forks. Thought I had seen where these were sold over there. I could be mistaken though.

Didn't you have a set of KYB's for sale? What happened with those?

Yes. I sold those to another Beta guy on here since I had a set of Sach/TTX which were working great for me. Bought "onegreyghost's" RFX for my 2016 Beta so I'll set up both Beta's with those. If TN-BETA still has these for sale, they are great. If you can get him to do the work, Evan Yarnall at Solid Performance does great work. Haven't run anything from Stillwell, but I've only heard good things.
redrider

Postby enduro » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Still not sure if this guy still has these????....He has not answered my PM....Did he keep them or sell them?
2015 Beta 250 RR Race Edition
2015 KTM 250 XC
2014 KTM 300 XCW
2013 KTM 250 XC-F
2013 KTM 250 XC
2012 KTM 250 XCW
enduro

Postby redrider » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:47 am

If you're picking up a race edition, you might not need to drop the coin on those RXFs until you figure out the Sach CCs Forks. Of course the TTX is definitely good. I'm hoping the Sach CC fork design comes out as something "special" so I can run the RXFs on my 2015 and sell the Sach/TTX forks.

The Fox Podium shock is really nice as well. Everyone who rides my bike likes it.
redrider

Postby TN-BETA » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Sorry Guys for not responding. I haven't been on here for quite some time. I decided to keep my Beta. So I'm keeping the forks. I did purchase a used 2013 Sherco 300 4-Stroke. The Sherco is a nice bike but I decided a 4-Stroke is not for me. All I can say is I'm too in love with the Italian beauty :D. The reliability and build quality of the Beta is second to none. I put a lot of miles on a bike every year and the Beta has never let me down. What was I thinking, selling my Beta, No way.
TN-BETA

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:11 pm

redrider wrote::lol: That's interesting.

So how do these forks work?.. that much better than stock?..or just depends..
hawaiidirtrider

Postby redrider » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:53 pm

For casual riding they aren't worth the money really. If you're racing closed cartridge forks are much better. The Ohlins are great! I have TTX inserts in a set of Sachs forks which are set up a little better than my RXF forks, but both sets are the best I've used. A little pricey in comparison to getting a nice set of KYB S3 forks, but much easier to set up since you don't need a conversion set up.

The Ohlins stuff is great. Whether it's worth it or not is always an opinion. For me....yes it is.
redrider

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 pm

redrider wrote:For casual riding they aren't worth the money really. If you're racing closed cartridge forks are much better. The Ohlins are great! I have TTX inserts in a set of Sachs forks which are set up a little better than my RXF forks, but both sets are the best I've used. A little pricey in comparison to getting a nice set of KYB S3 forks, but much easier to set up since you don't need a conversion set up.

The Ohlins stuff is great. Whether it's worth it or not is always an opinion. For me....yes it is.

Thanks for the input.. just wondering.. I'm happy with my sachs actually and just need to spend time tuning a bit . .Really there isn't much to do to these bikes ..but somehow I find a way to spend money.. stuff like this seem interesting..
hawaiidirtrider

Previous

Return to Parts