2016 300rr Quality

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: 2016 300rr Quality

Postby celler » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Hammer wrote:
celler wrote:Since we are talking quality I have a few observations of my 250 RR compared to the YZ 250's I have ridden for years that are know to be good bikes.
My clutch basket life is now 2 times a YZ basket and I have yet to see an notching. Best stock aluminum basket I have ever seen. KTM use steel which is the best in my opinion. Piston life is also outstanding. Recently I just checked compression and I have had no loss in the last 150 hrs. Overall the bike is staying quite tight. Do not be afraid of buying a Beta because of quality.

I replace the piston at around 150 hours the compression was only down about 5 from new but make sure you check piston skirt wear. This is more of a reason to change a piston than compression readings in my opinion.

Agree
celler

Postby GMP » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:26 am

Same here, but the 250 piston is a basic cast Vertex where the 300 has a newer forged part. I don't think I'd let a cast piston go that long but thats just me.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:37 pm

22 hours, 370 hard enduro miles later and bike is solid as can be and lives up to what I wanted 110%. Minor issues I dealt with were back lite battery change on speedo unit, and coolant hose loosened during ride (never checked them since new). Pretty much destroyed the stock Michelin tire as knobs either chunked or came off. I really like the Cycra ultra guards I just installed over the EE set. EE mounts interfered at locations I pointed out and were too restricting around my hands, and hardware not as beefy as Cycra.

Question: I finally slowed down to check the sag the other day and it was about 4 inches between on a stand and sitting with some gear on. my KTM manual said this is about right, but the Beta manual refers to sag as 540mm? What is the 540mm or 21 inches reference about?

Cycra Ultra CRM guards
Beta with Ultras.JPG
Beta with Ultras.JPG (67.73 KiB) Viewed 6265 times

EE set
Attachments
EE guards.JPG
EE guards.JPG (43.36 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
Kris

Postby mrquick68 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:52 am

My biggest gripe on the BETA is that the manual stinks - lots of missing or hard to find info - i'd sure appreciate a KTM like manual. As for the sag question above. I believe that people prefer 100 to 110mm. 100 for a little tighter turning, 110 for better straight stability.

Other than that, this 300RR RE is awesome. I've added a bunch of mods over time, all of which I've been more or less happy with. I had to tighten a few bolts to start with, but that's been about it. After some get off's at speed, my pipe has seen better days too - so I had it off and was looking it over yesterday, checked in on the piston - and it looks perfect at 55hrs. Very impressed with BETA quality and I keep getting excellent results racing it as well. Couldn't be happier.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Previous

Return to Product Reviews