Garmin GPSMAP 64S

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Garmin GPSMAP 64S

Postby Rv4Bob » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Just did a 27 mile loop in Sycamore Creek area (Phoenix, AZ) using the Garmin GPSMAP 64S. I traced a track in google earth, then sent it to garmin basecamp, then loaded it into the gps. Worked like a charm! I have a RAM mount that holds the gps and attaches to the handbars.
Once you learn how to draw in google earth, its a very simple process to load the GPS for your route.
Sycamore Creek has all types of trails, bad news, and very sad to me, is the place is becoming a trash dump, I'm afraid one day we'll lose this area.
Plus you really need to watch out for the folks shooting, (I love to shoot), some of the ridge lines are just above where folks shoot.
Does this site have an area to upload gps tracks? Would be fun to share your ride, via gps track to the group. Maybe its something worth starting?
Rv4Bob

Re: Garmin GPSMAP 64S

Postby Nicajohn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:19 pm

That sucks to hear about your area getting trashed. Be a cool idea to load trails onto here. Until then have you ever used trail connect?
Nicajohn

Re: Garmin GPSMAP 64S

Postby Rv4Bob » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Have not heard of trail connect, but will check it out thanks. For the local phoenix area this site nsrides.com has some really cool rides, easy to bring the mule along!
Rv4Bob

Return to Product Reviews