Choosing between a Beta Xtrainer or Beta RR300?

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: Choosing between a Beta Xtrainer or Beta RR300?

Postby Volfy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:12 am

Angustoyou wrote:Depends entirely on what you want it for and how good you are. I'm quicker and have way more fun on the Xtrainer. 300RR is too much for me - and I don't mind admitting it.

I don't mind admitting that either. Although, I have to say every since I screwed in the power valve adjuster almost all the way in, the softened power has made riding 300RR much less intimidating. Before that, opening up the 300RR's top end can be very scary indeed.
'15 Beta 300RR
'15 KTM 250 XCF-W
Volfy

Postby betajuice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Volfy wrote:
Angustoyou wrote:Depends entirely on what you want it for and how good you are. I'm quicker and have way more fun on the Xtrainer. 300RR is too much for me - and I don't mind admitting it.

I don't mind admitting that either. Although, I have to say every since I screwed in the power valve adjuster almost all the way in, the softened power has made riding 300RR much less intimidating. Before that, opening up the 300RR's top end can be very scary indeed.

i'm with you on that volfy. i like to think i'm a marginally adequate gumby on a dirt bike and i couldn't really use the top end of the RR in anything but a straight line on reasonably flat ground. i think a dyno chart shows the xtrainer as having about 10HP less in the higher revs and i reckon i would be quicker in most trail scenarios as as a result.
betajuice

Postby twowheels » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 pm

betajuice wrote:
Volfy wrote:

i'm with you on that volfy. i like to think i'm a marginally adequate gumby on a dirt bike and i couldn't really use the top end of the RR in anything but a straight line on reasonably flat ground. i think a dyno chart shows the xtrainer as having about 10HP less in the higher revs and i reckon i would be quicker in most trail scenarios as as a result.

Maybe so, but then ... suspension.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby Gibnut » Mon May 16, 2016 1:01 am

I rode both 300's back to back last week & if you are a smaller rider, don't need prodigious top end & like hills and tight s/t it is hard to go past the X-Trainer.

It has a smooth clutch action and beautiful bottom end power characteristic. This makes feeding torque to the back wheel predictable. The 'bar seemed narrower and the lock is definitely wider than on the RR - easier to manoeuvre through the trees.

Brakes, fork and e-starter were all miles better than on the the KTM Freeride 250r I had from new for a few hours a while back.

The low weight is a bonus, too.

Really enjoyed my short ride on both new bikes - not enough to make me want a new 300 over a 250.....yet. :)
Gibnut

Previous

Return to Product Reviews