2016 350rr review?

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

2016 350rr review?

Postby Ty89wa » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:06 am

Hi all
Looking at purchasing a new beta 350rr, I have just come off a KTM 450exc,
After some reviews on this bike like problems and how they compare to there past brands?
Thanks
Ty89wa

Re: 2016 350rr review?

Postby twowheels » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 am

Check out the betausa.com page for links to Cycle News and Motorcycle-USA.com reviews (amongst others).
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby redrider » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:46 am

Find someone with one and beg to take a spin on it. You will like it.

I bought a 2016 350 Race Edition. (there was a flaw in the nikasil plating on the cylinder which caused it to smoke....Beta replaced it quickly....I'm happy!) I've heard of no other Beta stories like this, but have heard several KTM stories similar to it. Most likely the same factory doing the plating for both makes.

Post repair:
The springs from the factory are for a 185 lb rider, which happens to be my weight (perfect). I took the bike to one of our riding loops in central va and had a friend help me set the sag (it was 118mm)........way off. I dropped the forks to the first line and set the sag to 102mm, then mounted an M59 front and a MT16 rear. Totally different bike. For a moderately tight to open and flowing harescramble trail with hill climbs and trail chop this bike is perfect. The forks started off a little stiff early in the stroke but continued to loosen up throughout the day. My 3rd lap was as fast as any I'd ever turned on my 300RR at this location. I think the Sachs CC forks are going to be a hit if they prove durable, and there's no reason to think they won't. The power rolls on so smoothly and the bike feels very well balanced. I'm still new to this bike and haven't tested it in slow technical terrain yet so I can't speak to that (tight rocky rooted). There are only a few wiggle sections on this trail and I was through them quickly and easily. This bike turns really well! Would have assumed my 300RR would be better there because it's lighter feeling and very nimble.
I put 35 miles on the 350 that day and it left me grinning widely. It did pop stall a few times but that should go away as the engine breaks in I'm told. Going to put full FMF exhaust on it this week to see how that does. I can't wait to ride again!!!!

You will not be unhappy with the 350. Get the race edition!
redrider

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

I have a 2016 350rr with 38hrs on it. So far the bike has been great one of the best bikes I've owned. It does most thing well and is easy to ride. No real issues with the bike at all. The fuel light is useless and it should come with a fan std :) Try to get a ride on one very nice bikes, buy with confidence they are good bike I was nervous about buying an Italian 4st however you don't need to be.

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Ty89wa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Marty Moose wrote:I have a 2016 350rr with 38hrs on it. So far the bike has been great one of the best bikes I've owned. It does most thing well and is easy to ride. No real issues with the bike at all. The fuel light is useless and it should come with a fan std :) Try to get a ride on one very nice bikes, buy with confidence they are good bike I was nervous about buying an Italian 4st however you don't need to be.

MM

Sweet thanks for the review I'm starting to be convinced enough, your not taking yours out for a spin next weekend are you? Haha
Cheers :)
Ty89wa

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:45 pm

Ty89wa wrote:
Marty Moose wrote:I have a 2016 350rr with 38hrs on it. So far the bike has been great one of the best bikes I've owned. It does most thing well and is easy to ride. No real issues with the bike at all. The fuel light is useless and it should come with a fan std :) Try to get a ride on one very nice bikes, buy with confidence they are good bike I was nervous about buying an Italian 4st however you don't need to be.

MM

Sweet thanks for the review I'm starting to be convinced enough, your not taking yours out for a spin next weekend are you? Haha

Yes I am where are you "wa"

MM
Marty Moose

Postby Ty89wa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Marty Moose wrote:
Ty89wa wrote:

MM

Yes I am where are you "wa"

MM

Yeh mate I live in mandurah, where abouts you planning on riding? Would be awsome if I could have a quick test ride, a bit Easyer than organizing something with the shop.
Cheers
Ty89wa

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:44 pm

LOL I'm NOR :) Give Ram a ring and go for a test ride you will have a hoot. He has a 350,480 and a 300 Demo.

MM
Marty Moose

Return to Product Reviews