slave guard w/ knockdown bar

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: slave guard w/ knockdown bar

Postby ricoyam » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Can't hurt but when was the last time you threw a chain?
Modern chains are pretty damn strong and if you're replacing chain with your sprockets as you should, chain failures should be near nil.
On Chris's bikes I use a riveted master link which is probably a little overkill but it helps eliminate the "weak link". He carries a spare and a mini chain tool for trail side emergency but has never needed it. I also paint the link red for easier identification.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby twowheels » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:10 pm

I like this set up because it give the carb body some protection in addition to keeping the slave cylinder happy. Without the stock countershaft sprocket cover in place there's less chance of mud packing up and wearing the driveline as well.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:06 am

I like it and have an enduro engineering slave guard w knockdown bar on my beta 300.. If you are riding in rocks and boulders.. riverbeds etc.. it's a good idea.. actually it's just a good idea incase a chain comes off and binds up by the countershaft sprocket..to help protect and reduce possible damage..It's of course good to change your chain before it gets worn and to make sure it's adjusted regularly.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby sasrocks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:00 am

thanks for the input guys. never had a chain failure actually, like most. will throw on the knockdown bar anyway. if it collects too much mud i may take it off, but will run it for a while to see.
sasrocks

Postby Alta Redneck » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:59 pm

I run the EE slave cover and bar. It's awesome. The stock plastic one collects too much mud. This really helps with that and still offers way more protection then stock.winwin!
Alta Redneck

Postby superdave » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Grab the enduro engineering set up.It is inexpensive and works great.
superdave

Return to Product Reviews