MotionPro Micro Bleeders

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

MotionPro Micro Bleeders

Postby little_wing » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 am

hey all
I am new to the forums
I just wanted to let everyone know that MotionPro Micro Bleeders part number 11-0089 fit perfectly in the sachs 48mm forks.
the screw is m5x0.8 . MotionPro has two different micro bleeders with this same m5x0.8. but the bleeder's bodies are different. there for only the 11-0089 will fit perfect
I just installed a pair on my 2015 250rr last night.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Re: MotionPro Micro Bleeders

Postby Darkside » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 am

Keep us posted how they work out.
I've heard terrible things about those
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby little_wing » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:40 pm

I had them on my yz250 for a few years before I sold it.
I cant say anything bad about them.
both on the Yamaha and the beta they seem to seal great.
when I strap my bikes to the trailer I left both for a while with the forks compressed and then I pushed the button to see if air pressure leaked out or if I have to push the buttons to release the air. ( yes I know your not suppose to push the button unless the bike is off the wheels and forks completely extended)
this was only a test to see if the micro bleeders seal internally and also the little O-ring to the fork cap.
and both bikes were a success.
I really like to keep my bikes super clean
I use a pressure washer just about every time that I wash the bikes.
and with using a pressure washer there are areas that you have to be careful not to hit with the high pressure water. and any push button bleeders would be one of those areas.
I stand farther back so the water hitting that area is not that strong at all. more of a mist than anything.

I know a lot of other people on other forums have notting to say about MotionPro stuff. but I have not had any issues with my MotionPro stuff. now I am not a guy that works in a shop or anything I am just a avg joe that rides a few times month. and for people like me I think their tools and accessories do the job for a decent price.
I know this post sounds like a MotionPro commercial but it was only intended to let everyone know what part number works for our betas.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Postby ricoyam » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 pm

Darkside wrote:Keep us posted how they work out.
I've heard terrible things about those

If you've had a problem please let me know. It's best if you call our customer service dept yourself but I don't mind hearing if a customer has trouble with a product. I know Glenn, who doesn't post anymore had an issue but it seems it was an incorrect application. The worst part for me is that he wouldn't give me the chance to make things right.
I'm going to stop short or saying all but the vast majority, if not all of our products are used and abused by riders in the company.
I run the Micro Bleeders on my 430RS and they are on Chris's 500RS. I also have them on his KTM 500EXC and 250XCW. I also modified a pair to fit the conventional Zokes on my old 200EXC. We have 5 or 6 other employees and ex-employees running them on a variety of makes with no problems.
Good or bad, customer feedback is important to the development of our products.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby little_wing » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:24 am

I think that with lot of things in the world the people saying ""I've heard terrible things about those"""
are people that have never tried the product themselves. which there is notting wrong with. I do also believe that word of mouth is the best type of advertising. but people have to think and weigh where they get their info from. if some 10 year old child on some forum says "" bleeders are crap because they strip the threads to easy"""""....... well I would not take that at face value. the kid is using a concrete hammer drill to install them I would bet. and or is not reading the install guide.
just like the tubliss system. when they first came out a ton of people were saying notting but bad stuff on how the inner tube leaks or gets cut.
well time has shown that they did not follow the install instructions properly.

but now if some one trusted like Jeff Slavens made a video saying that a certain product was crap he would take the time to show why and how they are crap. instead of a blanket statement of just ""oh those are crap""

all that I am saying is in my application I am happy with my purchase of the MotionPro Microbleeders. and I am letting others know what has worked for me.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Postby Clearvu1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:24 am

I'll say that I've been impressed with every Motion Pro product I've bought. They seem well thought out and the engineering is good. With the bleeders I'd guess most issues are from improper installation.
Clearvu1

Postby ballisticexchris » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 pm

I have quite a few hours on my MP Micro Bleeders and they work fine. No leaks whatsoever.
ballisticexchris

Postby ricoyam » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Thanks for the reports. I'm glad you guys are happy.
I doubt many experienced people, especially those in the trade would call anyone else's product "crap". Usually anything negative is not a good sales tactic. I was a MAC Tool Distributor many years ago and MAC came out with a new air impact. Some enterprising distributors coupled it head to head with the Snap-On tool to prove how strong it was. That didn't go over well at all with the company even if it did prove the point.
Anyway I welcome constructive criticism. I'm not in the products or sales end of things. I'm Chris's mechanic/restorer but I take a lot of pride in working for Motion Pro's owner and do everything I can to help the company. If that includes taking some complaints to the front office, that's fine.

FYI! By the end of May Motion Pro should be all moved from San Carlos up to Loomis, CA. Chris is keeping my shop and his collection in a new location in Redwood City but the warehouse and business offices are moving to Loomis. Loomis is about 20 north of Sacramento. Business has been good and we need to expand! Thanks to all of our customers.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Postby ONyX57 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 am

I had a set on my 16 250RR RE and they work fine but i couldn't adjust my compression clickers on the forks. The adjustment knob would hit the bleeder sticking up. Get 1 click adjustment before they hit. Off they went, back to stock.
ONyX57

Postby JoeMaico » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:19 pm

I use the ones that came from Beta for a BYOB on my 16 300 RE. They also hung up when I would adjust the compression settings. I just took them off and filed the ends of the plastic adjusters down a bit - problem solved.

joe
JoeMaico

Next

Return to Product Reviews