Fastway hand guard mounts?

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Fastway hand guard mounts?

Postby Alta Redneck » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:22 pm

I was looking at the fastway hand guard mount, mainly just the threaded bar instesert. I noticed on the website that it says that they don't work on every kinda of bars. Anyone have experience with these on the stock beta bars? Anyone know if I could use these inserts with a set of cycra hand guards? I currently have cycra's on my bike but the bar end inserts seem to always come loose on impacts.
Thanks
Alta Redneck

Re: Fastway hand guard mounts?

Postby Marylander » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:50 pm

The beta bars are regular AL bars so the fastway inserts ought to be fine. I've got the similar G2 Ergo ones on my xtrainer stock bars (http://www.g2ergo.com/store/threaded-bar-end-mounts/), another set in some flexx bars, and another set in some msr bars.
Marylander

Postby Alta Redneck » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:04 pm

On nice. That's exactly what I want. Any chance you know off the top of your head what size you need for the stock beta bars 11/16" or 5/8"?
Alta Redneck

Postby Marylander » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:19 am

I didn't realize there were different sizes... Ought to be the smaller ones, so 5/8". I would think the 11/16" are for steel bars.
Marylander

Postby Lonesome Dave » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:55 am

I like the threaded inserts. My trials bike bars have thicker wall thickness than my other bikes. So you can just drill it open to the correct diameter and then tap it. If you want to save a little money, avoid buying the tap all the companies like to sell you ($25). You can buy a single tap at a local shop or hardware store for less. Highway Dirt Bikes (HDB) sells a great set of hand guards. There so tough I've moved them from one bike to the next.
http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Return to Product Reviews