Stillwell suspension revalve n setup

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: Stillwell suspension revalve n setup

Postby ballisticexchris » Wed May 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Clearvu1 wrote:
Hammer wrote:I'm no expert but can someone explain to me how a bike with less than 300mm of travel should have 110mm of sag. Just makes no sense to me on a bike that is front light to begin with.

I am in full agreement. I have the 250RR MY2016 and have tried 110mm sag, 105mm sag and 100mm sag. IMHO 110mm is too much, 105mm is too much, 100mm makes the bike work properly. Anything over 100mm and the bike just doesn't provide front end feel or turning that is suitable to the bikes abilities.

Sag is very subjective from rider to rider. Depending on valving and clicker selections it can be anywhere from 95mm-110mm on the Beta. Out here in the West all the guys in my group are running 105mm. Anything more and the front end tucks, anything less and the back end wanders and does not track well in the whoops. FWIW the 105mm works really good on the 2T as well as the 4T. Keep in mind that's with the fork raised no higher than the first line.
ballisticexchris

Re: Stillwell suspension revalve n setup

Postby freebird_78 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:44 am

Guess I'm happy I didn't pay to have Stillwell do mine.

On the KTM, I kept dicking around with the setup and have a box full of different springs. Finally, I bit the bullet and had Dick's build them full tilt. Was thrilled.

When it came to the Beta, the wife said "just quit screwing around and have them built right the first time". So I called Stillwell. They gave me a quote that was really reasonable and talked me through what they'd do and what to expect. Was JUST about to pull the trigger, and got a wild hair and just ordered the spring rates from Beta's chart from RaceTech. Could not be happier with the results. Sag (static and race) are DEAD ON front and rear, and more importantly, they just feel great. And this is on the red 'Zokes on the '15 RE.
freebird_78

Previous

Return to Product Reviews