2016 Beta 300rr issues | problems | mods

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: 2016 Beta 300rr issues | problems | mods

Postby Silverfox » Mon May 16, 2016 1:32 am

Anybody found or worked a mod out yet to get a rear brake pedal that is adjustable for height? Tried a KTM break lever, and while it can be made to work it is not optimal as it will nut push up straight onto the master cylinder
Silverfox

Postby twowheels » Mon May 16, 2016 6:27 am

Silverfox wrote:Anybody found or worked a mod out yet to get a rear brake pedal that is adjustable for height? Tried a KTM break lever, and while it can be made to work it is not optimal as it will nut push up straight onto the master cylinder

The Nissin set up is adjustable for height. Remove the pin from the clevis and move the pedal and master cylinder so that you can spin the clevis on the brake rod (after loosening the jam nut). You may need to check a couple times but you you can easily move the pedal to where you need it using this method.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby merlin » Mon May 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Haha! You're sense of humour is well healthy, even though the rest of you might be withering :)

Good stuff!

I pulled the carb out by lifting the subframe last night. It is MUCH less struggle.....but what a rigmarole!
Seat off, tank off, pipe off, bolts out, fuel line off, bolts loosened, hose clamps loosened....and even then, extracting the carb is like helping a cow birth it's calf!

Seriously. The 200 I had, extracting the carb was a 3 min job. it was; loosen hose clamps and then you could just push the air boot back to pull the carb. Done!

I would like to have one of those mini scissor lifts one day. But for now, I just use a REALLY low seat :)

Johnno wrote:I am just too cack handed to attempt carb on bike jet adjustment.

It would never end well. I found lifting the rear sub frame up to be the key ingredient to success that everyone says it is.

I had the bike on a stand so I popped it into first and supported the sub frame with a piece of timber with one end against a tyre knob, with the expansion chamber removed obviously.

If you are old, crippled and blind like me a hydraulic bike stand that lifts the bike up to the required height is invaluable.

I was able to be seated with the carb right in front of me at the perfect height.

It doesn't have to be one of those space robbing full length platform bike lifts, just the smaller one.

A word to the wise, if you have the bike full height so the foot pegs are level with your nipples and decide to remove the front wheel, be ready to grab the fork leg to stop it flipping arse over backwards.

Ask me how I know...
merlin

Postby merlin » Mon May 16, 2016 2:35 pm

In my experience, you don't need to remove the pin to make that adjustment

Silverfox - it's definitely adjustable. Check out this vid for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amAymyNK4DI

twowheels wrote:
Silverfox wrote:Anybody found or worked a mod out yet to get a rear brake pedal that is adjustable for height? Tried a KTM break lever, and while it can be made to work it is not optimal as it will nut push up straight onto the master cylinder

The Nissin set up is adjustable for height. Remove the pin from the clevis and move the pedal and master cylinder so that you can spin the clevis on the brake rod (after loosening the jam nut). You may need to check a couple times but you you can easily move the pedal to where you need it using this method.
merlin

Postby merlin » Mon May 16, 2016 3:22 pm

I was just informed by the dealer that the replacement thermostat assebly was a 2015 part number. He never had issues with his '15 stock and was about to replace his '16 RR250R's thermostat... till the bike got stolen.
merlin

Postby Silverfox » Tue May 17, 2016 2:43 am

merlin wrote:In my experience, you don't need to remove the pin to make that adjustment

Silverfox - it's definitely adjustable. Check out this vid for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amAymyNK4DI

twowheels wrote:

Cheers, I guess what I'm saying is you cannot ajust the pedal to where you want it and the engagement of the brake to where you want it with 2 separate ajustments like the KTM rear brake lever
Silverfox

Postby merlin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm

latest mod is the P-Tech Bash Plate/Pipe Guard

This thing looks great and seems strong and well designed. It was a bit tricky to get on, but a little bit of friendly persuasion and it slotted into place.
One thing that stumped me was the holes for the front fastener clamp are offset. "it was designed that way to give more adjust possibilities" - P-tech.

I haven't had the P-Tech guard out on a ride yet, but I'm pretty certain it'll handle the beats!

I was previously running a P3 carbon guard, and even though they are VERY tough, I still found found the pipe had a decent ding in it from a moderate impact....
Attachments
bashPlate_pipeGuard_01.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_01.JPG (140.83 KiB) Viewed 12441 times
bashPlate_pipeGuard_02.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_02.JPG (129.89 KiB) Viewed 12441 times
bashPlate_pipeGuard_03.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_03.JPG (142.02 KiB) Viewed 12441 times
bashPlate_pipeGuard_04.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_04.JPG (146.53 KiB) Viewed 12441 times
bashPlate_pipeGuard_05.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_05.JPG (139.73 KiB) Viewed 12441 times
Last edited by merlin on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merlin

Postby merlin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:36 pm

I had to make one substantial modification and that was to drill a hole in the side to allow better access to the PV adjuster.

bashPlate_pipeGuard_mod_01.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_mod_01.JPG (105.58 KiB) Viewed 12441 times

bashPlate_pipeGuard_mod_02.JPG
bashPlate_pipeGuard_mod_02.JPG (106.83 KiB) Viewed 12441 times

I contacted P-Tech and they were impressed with the mod and said that they will be updating the design to suit.
merlin

Postby merlin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 pm

As we all know, the Side stand is an issue....I really hope Beta finally update this.
Until they do, we will all come up with various hacks to make it work the way it should, and this was my solution:

sidestand_tapped.jpg
sidestand_tapped.jpg (26.31 KiB) Viewed 12440 times

sidestand 01.JPG
sidestand 01.JPG (81.41 KiB) Viewed 12440 times

sidestand 02.JPG
sidestand 02.JPG (96.48 KiB) Viewed 12440 times
merlin

Postby merlin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:55 pm

Front Kriega Tugger
front tugger.JPG
Front Kriega Tugger