review of installing tubliss

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

review of installing tubliss

Postby little_wing » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:32 pm

hey all. this is a review of the install of tubliss and new tires. i have zero ride time on the system
so the rear tire and tubliss system went very smooth. I followed the directions and watched the video on the tubliss web site and followed along with each step.
the front tire and tubliss was not so smooth going. I would not say it went bad but it was more difficult,
it took me a few tries of mounting the tire and dismounting and re mounting of the tubliss as well.
the tubliss rim tape did not stick to the front rim to well once it got wet from the soap and water mix you have to squirt in to the tire.
i found that gorilla tape makes a roll that is 1 inch wide and its thicker than duct tape but a hair thinner than the tubliss tape ... so i did two wraps of gorilla tape
the next issue I had was the bead of the tire would not "pop" or "seat" I could get the tubliss to 100 psi and I could get 30ish psi in the tire but it still would not seat..
with a normal tube you would just keep putting air in the tube until it seated and makes a poping sound.
i tried everything i could think of. beating the tire with a rubber mallet. alots of different things,
i ended up trying dismounting the tire and remounting.. still same issue.
so i called up Jeff at tubliss...
he was awesome
i put my cell on speaker phone and he walked me through the entire process which we still did not get things proper. so then he walked me through a few more different things and then BINGO we got it.
it turned out that the tire that i was using can be difficult to get to work with the tubliss system.
the tubliss system installs nicely but some tires and some tire brands work better than other with the tubliss system
jeff was telling me that there might be a tire in the works that is made by the same company that will be a super high end tech tire that will work with tubliss like peanut butter and jam.
inclusion the tubliss system install can be difficult. but some times great things must be earned with sweat and work. it seems depending on which tire your working with tubliss can be difficult or easy.
i am very happy with my tubliss so far and i am very happy with the customer support. this weekend i am going on a two day ride so that will be the main test.
thanks to jeff from tubliss
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Re: review of installing tubliss

Postby GMP » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Gorilla tape is not the best choice. While initially it appears to work well, the adhesive and threads on the edges break down and come apart, fouling the liner and causing leaks. As the edge of the liner drags across the tape as it leaves the drop center during inflation, it pulls the threads with it. OK if you don't mind pulling the liner every couple tires to retake but not for me. You want to avoid R&R the liner. If you clean the rim well and do a final wipe with acetone or contact cleaner before taping you should have no problems with the Tubliss tape.
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing
GMP

Return to Product Reviews