Renthal RC Hi Handlebars.

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Renthal RC Hi Handlebars.

Postby Johnno » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Just fitted to my 2016 300RR.

They're tall.. You can near walk under them without ducking.

Few circuits of the Johnno R and D test track ( the backyard ) proved they feel pretty okay, Not goofy at all. Standing up feels pleasant and sitting down doesn't feel ridiculous.

Tomorrow will tell the story when I am up in the mountains in full regalia.

I've been at work 70 hours or better 6 days a week for while leading up to a shut down for plant upgrade. I nearly always do a fairly big week but this afternoon I feel kind of shagged.

Early night and hopefully it doesn't detract from tomorrows riding experience.
Loose...
Johnno

Re: Renthal RC Hi Handlebars.

Postby Johnno » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Okay very pleased with the new handlebars, they worked quite well and made riding a much better experience in nearly all regards.

Less pleasing was caving my right radiator in on a HUGE sharp rock. It did not leak, proving again ( to me anyway ) that these bikes sure can take a beating.

I just ordered a new one and added radiator guards ( red anodized BLINGY bling ) to the order.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby Johnno » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Second ride on technical hills. I had decided I might need to push the bars forward of exactly inline with the forks. This proved to be the case today on a steep hill we frequent.

You see, the bars are taller, duh.. But in your normal position they will come to hand further back. I couldn't get my weight forward, the motor bogged or the bike wanted to wheelie, it was crap.

I loosened the clamp and jabbed them forward a bit and big improvement. But I was done physically, my second last attempt saw me travelling with heaps more momentum than previously.

I wear a prescription insert in my googles, 1.5X so with out it? Mr Magoo. It was spotting rain and my goggles became opaque so I flounced.

I said: I'm done, see ya's and came home.

I'm just really frustrated at the moment, everyone around me is improving out of sight and I'm where I always was.

Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It also sucks bad I can't ride in the rain with the goggle thing.. Think about it, normal sighted people remove the goggles in rain or wet, I can not. It's actually dangerous in other ways beside riding, I won't see that stick that's gonna poke my eye out, at least goggles will afford me some protection.

I'd get drunk but I have to drive later..
Loose...
Johnno

Postby bikesparky » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:51 am

Johnno wrote:
Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It also sucks bad I can't ride in the rain with the goggle thing.. Think about it, normal sighted people remove the goggles in rain or wet, I can not. It's actually dangerous in other ways beside riding, I won't see that stick that's gonna poke my eye out, at least goggles will afford me some protection.

I'd get drunk but I have to drive later..

Mate, just trying to help so I'll give you two tips. No, I'm not some fanatic 18 year old who knows all!
1-get rid of the higher bars unless you absolutely need to because of back conditions or so.
2-Get contact lenses.

I'm 182cm and 53 years young, like I said unless you have a back condition bar risers or higher bars aren't going to help you!
I wear contacts for the reason that I have peripheral vision and if needed I can take of my goggles when they fog up. It can be the difference in getting back safe or bashing in to stuff you didn't see due to rain or fogged up goggles.
bikesparky

Postby Johnno » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 am

I find the bars help with the back. I stand up all the time, always have and it feels okay. I would advise anyone who goes to a taller bar to perhaps try angling them forward, it will feel like you need to anyway. As much as I always hated having my bars anything else than in line with the forks.

I have to say a taller bar feels very different to a bar riser, to me anyway. I hate bar risers, it just feels wrong.

Contacts I tried while road racing. It took me forever to get the bloody things in, once I was actually pinching the white part of the eye trying to get the expletive deleted things out. One other difficulty when road racing, I don't blink. Like, at all. No good for contacts.

I used to primarily use them for dating after that :) I really struggle getting the things in my eyes, I don't know if its because my hands are very rough from an outdoors style job.

I am also 53 and lately I am really getting P.O.'d about it. can't ride in the rain... Skeleton shagged..

It's not like I wanna be world champion.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby bikesparky » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Johnno wrote:I find the bars help with the back. I stand up all the time, always have and it feels okay. I would advise anyone who goes to a taller bar to perhaps try angling them forward, it will feel like you need to anyway. As much as I always hated having my bars anything else than in line with the forks.

I have to say a taller bar feels very different to a bar riser, to me anyway. I hate bar risers, it just feels wrong.

Contacts I tried while road racing. It took me forever to get the bloody things in, once I was actually pinching the white part of the eye trying to get the expletive deleted things out. One other difficulty when road racing, I don't blink. Like, at all. No good for contacts.

I used to primarily use them for dating after that :) I really struggle getting the things in my eyes, I don't know if its because my hands are very rough from an outdoors style job.

I am also 53 and lately I am really getting P.O.'d about it. can't ride in the rain... Skeleton shagged..

It's not like I wanna be world champion.

I have been using contacts for ages, no issues. It helps to try a few different brands and types as they are not all the same.
If you have issues with dry eyes look at types that have high water content. I use monthly ones, only mucking around once a month to remove and put in.
Try putting the bars in the forward mounted position, I know it feels different but on the Beta chassis things are forgiving easy as it handles well anyway.
Talk about sore skeleton, it rains here after 3 years of not much moisture and it decided to it in winter instead of warm rainy season. All the old war wounds ache...Did go for a play in the mud anyway over the weekend, have to make the best of it as we don't have mud often. :)
bikesparky

Postby Johnno » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:52 pm

I have the bar mount in the front position, with the mount back so what the internet calls position #3. Shoving the bars forward up the bush made a big difference, I suddenly could attain and maintain momentum on this hill that just as not happening before.

Mind you I'd wound the power valve in one turn the weekend before and then another half. I ended up backing out the half and may go another half.

I tried this once before and ended up going back to flush, it just doesn't work for me.

When I first got contacts, I can only have day use ones due to be deformed or some crap, the doc went on this fire and brim stone rant about wearing them on a dirt bike. I still did, but I dunno it wasn't that great and again, a real PITA to get them in.

I use a Goggleman prescription insert, I highly recommend this. Except when it rains and you can't just take off ya goggles like everyone else.

https://youtu.be/xgLFk2gUmbc
Loose...
Johnno

Postby johnm28 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Just curious but what are the Beta stock bars compared too in terms of bend, sweep ect? I have BRP rubber mount so that raises bars up and my bar is the with Reed/Windam bend Pro taper. I really like them, well at least I think so but are the beta stock bars lower? I'm only 5'10
johnm28

Postby Johnno » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Loose...
Johnno

Postby GMP » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:32 am

Try this for rain
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (318.34 KiB) Viewed 12273 times
Glenn
'13 Beta 300RR Racing