Clake SLR and hi performance line

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: Clake SLR and hi performance line

Postby Johnno » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Owen is back from holiday, we'll see action now.

I'll need training wheels on my bike, been so long since I rode it.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby Johnno » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm

There you go, exactly 24 hours after I spoke to Owen on the phone, a parcel arrives from Clake.

1,000 miles between Clake and my secret underground lair.

Not bad.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby Johnno » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 am

Fitted it, primed it as per instructions, fitted the line and tightened the banjo. few pumps and bleeds, top up the cylinder! adjust lever position to full out where I like it, pull lever to handlebar and zip tie it there, crack bleeder for several seconds and tighten.

Leave zip tie on lever in place, get on the rowing machine.

Remove zip tie.. Feels pretty good, jig the bike back and forth in gear a bit.

Bike instantly starts after jeez, over a month with the gas left on and once reasonably clear I'm off around the yard in the twilight.

Well, dark..

WINNING!

;)
Loose...
Johnno

Postby Johnno » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:24 am

Riding today I found that the Clake SLR worked better than it ever has. I could slip the clutch like I never could before. Bike felt super plush and lovely today which was good, as it was second ride this year!

We had a kid along with us, Cory, what he was doing was utter witch craft. Super slow vertical wheelies on the back brake, flying up hills REEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! at ridiculous speeds spewing roost or pottering up in first, didn't matter.

Coming home along the jumpy turny single lane fire trails I let the dog off the chain ( as much as a broken down 54 year old hack can ) I have to admit some of it got close to the bone.

I smashed through this right hander full lock on the band in 3rd and hit the muddy part what was left of a puddle and had this mahoozive step out but I kept it pinned and while the rear wheel was ahead of the front at one point I got away with it, for the lols..

After she dries I'll wheel the bike into the shed and drink beer and look at it.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby randall » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Looking at getting the SLR myself as a "poor mans' version of Clake 2.
Is the clutch pull any lighter compared to the stock lever?
I am assuming the SLR does not have cams or any other means to make it lighter on the fingers?
randall

Postby Johnno » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm

randall wrote:Looking at getting the SLR myself as a "poor mans' version of Clake 2.
Is the clutch pull any lighter compared to the stock lever?
I am assuming the SLR does not have cams or any other means to make it lighter on the fingers?

About the same, mate. I never had any problem with the clutch in standard form. I use the SLR as the clutch because of a specific issue I have with not really being able to use a rear brake pedal. I don't even have one fitted.

For anyone else I would highly recommend using the SLR as it was intended, as a left hand rear brake with the kit that allows it to work with the existing rear foot brake. It would be there for those life saving moments on steep hills and if you needed to skid to the right.

In this guise I believe it would a great thing indeed.
Loose...
Johnno

Previous

Return to Product Reviews