Bib Mousse

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Bib Mousse

Postby ricoyam » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:54 pm

The recent posting about the Tubliss reminded me.....
I hadn't heard anyone mention this before but on my recent Trans Pyrenees ride the Husqvarna I rode was equipped with Bib Mousses. Not so much a surprise because the bike was built to run Dakar.
When we started the ride our guide warned us that the Bibs will have flat spotted and will vibrate until they warmed up and regained some compliance. One thing that never went away was an uneasy feeling. At times they would feel like a flat and others feel very hard. It was most noticeable on pavement as would be expected but also apparent in the dirt. It never caused any problem but certainly required attention, especially on the mountain roads we were on.

It was enough to make me rule them out on my own bikes.
Rick "Rico" Yamane
'15 430 RS
+20 or so others
S.F. Peninsula
Mechanic/Restorer Chris Carter Motorcycle Collection
ricoyam

Re: Bib Mousse

Postby mcnut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:35 am

They must've been toasted. I've run bib mousses exclusively for over 5 years. I've never experienced those symptoms with a mousse in good condition and properly lubricated. Coincidentally, I've never had to quit riding because of a flat tire. :D
mcnut

Re: Bib Mousse

Postby mcnut » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 am

There are substantial differences between the originals and other brands too. Perhaps they weren't using Michelins?
mcnut

Return to Product Reviews