2017 KTM 300XC

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Re: 2017 KTM 300XC

Postby Johnno » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

I honestly don't think my 300rr vibrates. It resonates a bit at certain rpm or throttle settings but it's more of an observation than a criticism.

A guy I ride with owned an 11 ktm 300 an now owns a14, they could both tingle quite well. But his ( and the others I've ridden ) ktm 500 4T is AWFUL for vibration.

I couldn't care less if ktm built a decent bike or charged a fortune for spares made in India, I hate the belly button status of owning one.
Loose...
Johnno

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:54 am

interesting take on the new KTM 2Ts. Good to hear the good/bad/ugly. I've always found that the bikes felt "big" - too thick and a bit too tall. funny on the carb too. My buddy just picked up a new TE150 Husky with that carb. Super snappy and runs nearly perfect. The head issue on the 250/300 sounds like it might be the issue. I was excited to hear about the new carb at first. Was hopeful we'd see a factory improvement in carbs. The Smarty and Lectron are so much better than the stockers, I was hopeful a new OE carb would get close to what's been in Aftermarket for years.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby mrquick68 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:35 am

Johnno wrote:I honestly don't think my 300rr vibrates. It resonates a bit at certain rpm or throttle settings but it's more of an observation than a criticism.

A guy I ride with owned an 11 ktm 300 an now owns a14, they could both tingle quite well. But his ( and the others I've ridden ) ktm 500 4T is AWFUL for vibration.

I couldn't care less if ktm built a decent bike or charged a fortune for spares made in India, I hate the belly button status of owning one.

My '15 300RR vibrates pretty good. Noticably more than my buddy's 14 300RR. Both are race models.
2018 Beta 250RR RE - Beta Factory suspension kit, Tubliss, FMF Fatty, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt!
2019 Beta 390RR RE - BYOB Ohlins A-Kit, Tubliss, FMF exhaust, Scotts Dampener, BRP Mnt, Ti bolt kit, and more!
mrquick68

Postby mgcardoc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:03 am

Enmerdeur wrote:
rotor wrote:Got to ride one a few months back.
That engine is super smooth, and it felt a whole lot lighter than my beta.
But it did not feel planted at all, eccept for the lack vibrations i like the beta more.

That was my feeling. If Beta came out with a counter balancer I would upgrade.

I talked to my local dealer the other day about this. He said the cases on the Beta two strokes were designed to accept a balance shaft - much like the new KTMs. He's not sure why they haven't done it yet but suspected things like - waiting to add it with upcoming fuel injection, waiting to make a big upgrade/splash for a new model, cost, etc. But he is convinced the Beta will have the balance shaft soon.
mgcardoc

Postby mgcardoc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:04 am

Enmerdeur wrote:
rotor wrote:Got to ride one a few months back.
That engine is super smooth, and it felt a whole lot lighter than my beta.
But it did not feel planted at all, eccept for the lack vibrations i like the beta more.

That was my feeling. If Beta came out with a counter balancer I would upgrade.

I talked to my local dealer the other day about this. He said the cases on the Beta two strokes were designed to accept a balance shaft - much like the new KTMs. He's not sure why they haven't done it yet but suspected things like - waiting to add it with upcoming fuel injection, waiting to make a big upgrade/splash for a new model, cost, etc. But he is convinced the Beta will have the balance shaft soon.
mgcardoc

Previous

Return to Product Reviews