Tuff Lites

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Tuff Lites

Postby Ben500RS » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:35 am

The rear turn signals are pretty bad from Beta. They fill with water, dirt and mud after rides and for the past three weeks, I've had to open them both out and clean them out then put the bulbs and lenses together, knowing that the next dirt ride I'll be cleaning them out again.

In addition, the right rear blinker has permanently popped out as the little nub that is supposed to keep it located against the black fender has worn out/away and it stays angled out looking ridiculous.

For $78 shipped, I got a set of LED Tuff Lites from Extreme DualSport and put them on this afternoon. Much better design as nothing should get into the lenses and they simply bolt onto the fender. I just cut, twisted then liquid taped the wires and shoved them all up into the hole in the fender so that should do the trick for as long as I own the bike.

For 2018, Beta made a point to not only revise the turnsignals, but to also put it in the press release as an update/upgrade to the new models. I can't imagine that they will be better than these aftermarket units. I did not need any sort of replacement flasher as the draw from the incandescent front blinkers is enough to make the rear LED's flash faster than normal but not a hyperflash at all, a blink-rate that I can live with as I plan on keeping the front signals until I break one or both of them and run out of the replacements that I have from the rears.

Ben500RS

Re: Tuff Lites

Postby Ben500RS » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:33 pm

It has now been over one year and the lights are still working perfectly.

They are Tuff.
Ben500RS

Return to Product Reviews