EE Rad Guards 300RR

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

EE Rad Guards 300RR

Postby Enmerdeur » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 pm

So I received my EE Rad guards the other day and mounted them up this morning.

They are typical EE build. Very robust.

A few small issues with fitment

1. The mounting holes that fit to the radiator mounts were just a tad to close together. Had to take a round file and open the top of the top hole and bottom of the bottom a bit.

2. On the right side guard they interfered with the rectifier. I loosened the rectifier to swing it up slightly and found that there is a locating pin on it to prevent rotation. So I filed the pin off and rotated is slightly

3. Had to trim some of the outside louver wings off to get them to fit back on.

Overall it looks like they will do the job

2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Re: EE Rad Guards 300RR

Postby brantsdad » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Thanks !.will.be doing this tomorrow
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

Postby Hubert Carpet » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

I'm surprised that you had to do these mods. Have you fed back to EE? They should refund your money if you are doing their quality control for them.
2020 200RR.
2014 300RR. Gone but not forgotten.
Hubert Carpet

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:54 am

Hubert Carpet wrote:I'm surprised that you had to do these mods. Have you fed back to EE? They should refund your money if you are doing their quality control for them.

I am going to let them know today. The hole alignment could easily be due to stacking tolerances. The rectifier could be due to the bike they were working on had had the rectifier relocated. The louvers are really a non-issue.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby mtdirtbag » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 am

I had run across the problem with the rectifier when searching AmBeta's website. I was reading the instructions for mounting their supports just to see what they looked like and the last page addresses the relocation of the rectifier. Thanks for the great pics. Did you relocate the horn or eliminate it?
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby Enmerdeur » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 am

mtdirtbag wrote:I had run across the problem with the rectifier when searching AmBeta's website. I was reading the instructions for mounting their supports just to see what they looked like and the last page addresses the relocation of the rectifier. Thanks for the great pics. Did you relocate the horn or eliminate it?

I removed the horn when the bike was new.
2017 KTM 450 XCF
2014 Beta 300 RR
Enmerdeur

Postby brantsdad » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Had the same experience ... the Hole alignment , Rectifier, and the wings... Thanks for reporting back to EE... I specifically asked EE about the fit and he said it should work if your bike is stock :roll:

This was still a better experience than when I tried mounting CRD rad guards on a Husky TE-250 6 years ago... that was a pain...
2013 300RR
2004 Husqvarna 167 (125 big bore) I should have never sold her
brantsdad

Postby twowheels » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm

The issue with the right clamp hitting the rectifier is due to EE (and others) simply making the clamps symetric side to side. Our braces are side-specific ... on the left side the upper/forward lateral strut sits directly in front of the upper water tank, above the louvers. On the right hand radiator we employ a slightly smaller upper/forward lateral strut that sits just below the water tank/fin joint behind the stock louvers. No trimming of louvers or relocation of the rectifier is necessary.
Last edited by twowheels on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Postby mtdirtbag » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:34 am

twowheels wrote:The issue with the right clamp hitting the rectifier is due to EE (and others) simply making the clamps symetric side to side. Our braces are side-specific ... on the left side the upper/forward lateral strut sits directly in front of the upper water tank, above the louvers. On the right hand radiator we employ a slightly smaller upper/forward lateral strut that sits just below the water tank/fin joint behind the stock louvers. Now trimming of louvers or relocation of the rectifier is necessary.

twowheels; you sell your own brand or ? If it's the Beta accessory that is on the AmBeta site the instructions on their support site show having to move the rectifier.
14 Beta 300RR
07 DR650
mtdirtbag

Postby twowheels » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:50 pm

mtdirtbag wrote:
twowheels wrote:The issue with the right clamp hitting the rectifier is due to EE (and others) simply making the clamps symetric side to side. Our braces are side-specific ... on the left side the upper/forward lateral strut sits directly in front of the upper water tank, above the louvers. On the right hand radiator we employ a slightly smaller upper/forward lateral strut that sits just below the water tank/fin joint behind the stock louvers. Now trimming of louvers or relocation of the rectifier is necessary.

twowheels; you sell your own brand or ? If it's the Beta accessory that is on the AmBeta site the instructions on their support site show having to move the rectifier.

I sell my own, usually included as part of the build-up to a race-ready bike at time of sale. PM me if you want a set.
http://www.afterhourscycle.com by PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over
Michigan's Vertigo, Beta and TM Race Headquarters
twowheels

Next

Return to Product Reviews