Recluse Radius X

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Recluse Radius X

Postby dirtbill » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 pm

I had some conversations with Rekluse over the last week I thought I would share.

I installed a Radius X in my 430 in the spring, its my third Rekluse in the past few years and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with it as it seemed to start to slip and need adjusting fairly frequently, a problem I never had with previous versions. I was previously able to get up into the 250 hour range with no real issues this one didn't make 100hrs. I had to take the clutch out to do the oil pump gears and I wrote to Idaho to find out the specs on the clutch parts before I put it back together. They were prompt in their response and direct with information and I quickly determined the friction plates were toast, I wrote again and indicated I was disappointed with the life and asked if they could offer advice on things I could do to improve longevity.

They were all over me with question and wanting pictures and helping to diagnose issues and as it turns out offered me a bunch of new parts to set it right. I sent them my bits back today and am waiting for my new stuff to arrive.

I am thrilled with these guys how they stand behind their product and step up without hesitation, truly remarkable. I've owned a lot of motorcycles and related products over the years and no one steps up like these guys.

BRAVO
dirtbill

Re: Recluse Radius X

Postby Dyrtmon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 am

Rekluse is renown for their excellent customer service (I've been the recipient of such service) and am glad they're helping you out.
I'm running the Radius CX on my new to me Husky FE350 and I like it.
2013 300 RR
2009 KTM 300 XCW
2015 Husqvarna FE350
Dyrtmon

Postby Ben500RS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:39 am

I put a Radius CX into my 17 500 RR-S and it has been nothing short of incredible.

I had put a Core EXP 3.0 into my wife's TTR 125 and liked how the bike ran/operated with it that I then knew I had to get a Rekluse for my bike and I'm glad I did it.

I have not had one single issue with the CX, so far. It has just been working perfectly.
Ben500RS

Postby LRM » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:37 pm

dirtbill wrote:I had some conversations with Rekluse over the last week I thought I would share.

I installed a Radius X in my 430 in the spring, its my third Rekluse in the past few years and I have to say I wasn't that impressed with it as it seemed to start to slip and need adjusting fairly frequently, a problem I never had with previous versions. I was previously able to get up into the 250 hour range with no real issues this one didn't make 100hrs. I had to take the clutch out to do the oil pump gears and I wrote to Idaho to find out the specs on the clutch parts before I put it back together. They were prompt in their response and direct with information and I quickly determined the friction plates were toast, I wrote again and indicated I was disappointed with the life and asked if they could offer advice on things I could do to improve longevity.

They were all over me with question and wanting pictures and helping to diagnose issues and as it turns out offered me a bunch of new parts to set it right. I sent them my bits back today and am waiting for my new stuff to arrive.

I am thrilled with these guys how they stand behind their product and step up without hesitation, truly remarkable. I've owned a lot of motorcycles and related products over the years and no one steps up like these guys.

BRAVO

Amen. My same experience. They are the BEST.
The only time you need he 2nd Amendment, is when someone comes to take I away!
LRM

Postby Darkside » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:44 pm

in the future if you get another rekluse, consider the cx vs the x. the cx replaces the center hub and you use rekluse thin steel plates so you get more steel/fiber plates rather than just removing plates to make room for the ring.
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Return to Product Reviews