Polisport engine covers/Protectors

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Polisport engine covers/Protectors

Postby little_wing » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Saw these at one my beta dealers in Ontario Canada. (Lang's off-road)
Polisport makes both the left and the right side covers. But it looks like only for the 2 strokes in the beta family of bikes.
polisport.jpg
polisport.jpg (166.71 KiB) Viewed 3588 times

as you can see I got the left side in black. they also make both sides in beta red
it is thick plastic (about 5mm) and comes with the new bolts and special washers to install them.
its a neat design that you dont have to take all the bolts out of the factory cover. on the left side you take out all but one factory bolts then side this over top of your cover then use the bolts that polisport supplies to tighten it back up. the bolts that Polisport supplies are 5mm longer then the factory bolts.
when installing the cover some things to take note of, beta uses two different lengths of bolts for the left side. in the bag with the Polisport cover they include a pic of where to put each bolt as they include 2 different lengths as well.
no need to drain oil or anything.
the inside of the cover have a silicon bead to help with bumps as it will act like a bit of cushon.
when installing it they say to use the factory beta torque specs which I did and no issues.
you do need to take off any skid plates to install this but the shifter does not need to come off.
I did not get the right side as I have a carbon fiber clutch cover right now but I would think that you need to remove the rear brake pedal to install the right hand side.
over all simple install and looks good
it was round 45$ CND per side.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Re: Polisport engine covers/Protectors

Postby farmerpaul » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:32 am

Looks neat and sure it will be worth the money.

It is on my "to buy" list.
farmerpaul

Return to Product Reviews