gaerne sg 10 boots

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

gaerne sg 10 boots

Postby canamfan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:10 pm

I posted a while back about my alpinestar tech 3 boots and how I wasn't really pleased with the stiffness. I recently bought these gaerne sg 10's from atomicmoto.com and they are great. I'm sure the alpinestars with a hinge are a great boot too. My recommendation for any one wanting to buy new boots is to get some with the hinged ankle. I put these boots on and walked about a 1/4 mile to get a feel for them. Then I went to a hare scramble, (my first in over a year) These boots were great right out of the box, no missed shifts, no missing the break pedal. I highly recommend them and I also recommend http://www.atomic-moto.com They were great to work with, called me and spent a lot of time on the phone making sure I got the right boot. They sell lots of stuff, so check them out.
canamfan

Re: gaerne sg 10 boots

Postby Lonesome Dave » Tue May 01, 2018 5:21 pm

+1^ I completely agree. I loved my SG10's and Atomic-moto worked with me a lot to help me choose the right boot.
Older - Wiser - Faster !
Lonesome Dave

Postby hawaiidirtrider » Tue May 01, 2018 7:01 pm

That’s what I use too. Great fit and quality too.
hawaiidirtrider

Postby Darkside » Wed May 02, 2018 11:13 am

I'm a big Gaerne fan.I had the 10's and now the 12's. I love the memory foam around the ankles. Most comfy dirt bike boots I've had. Unfortunately for me, I the toe box area is very roomy and I have skinny feet. Even with added insoles my feet move around too much. Had to switch to Sidi's for hard dirt riding and use the Gaernes more for dualsporting now
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Postby typeone » Fri May 04, 2018 6:24 am

SG12's here, same experience, super comfy right out of the box. i've got a wide foot so they fit perfect but i do wish they were a little lighter.
'13 250RR / '19 200RR / '22 200RE
typeone

Postby wwguy » Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 am

Darkside wrote:I'm a big Gaerne fan.I had the 10's and now the 12's. I love the memory foam around the ankles. Most comfy dirt bike boots I've had. Unfortunately for me, I the toe box area is very roomy and I have skinny feet. Even with added insoles my feet move around too much. Had to switch to Sidi's for hard dirt riding and use the Gaernes more for dualsporting now

FWIW the less expensive Gaerne GX-1 motocross boot has a narrower foot bed than the G React or SG boots. I bought these a few years ago as my first Gaerne boots and love the fit and comfort right off the bat. After I wore them nearly out I bought a pair of G Reacts to replace them and was unpleasantly surprised at the wider toe box on a boot from the same manufacturer with similar styling. My brother rides in SG-10's and his toe box is similarly wide. I find I have to bulk up on socks for comfort, which leads to hot sweaty feet in summer months. (For reference "normal" width works great for me in other footwear.)

Gaerne comfort out of the box on all models is amazing though. I'm definitely a fan. I just wish they were available with options for waterproofing and lugged enduro soles for mountain trail riding. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen on my ass while trying to keep traction while walking across loose scree slopes. And they're terrible for water resistance. It seems like my feet get wet when I just look at water, LOL.
wwguy

Postby hooter » Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 pm

typeone wrote:SG12's here, same experience, super comfy right out of the box. i've got a wide foot so they fit perfect but i do wish they were a little lighter.

Very happy with my SG-12’s also, I feel very well protected wearing them.
hooter

Postby dirtbird » Sat May 05, 2018 11:53 am

Flex ankle boots are more comfortable for Enduro riding but IMO the most comfortable were the discontinued Sidi Charger (which also had less plastic covers than the Crossfire).
I replaced them with the Falco boots but when I bought them I also tried the SG10 and 12.
Both where not as comfy as the Falcos and both where much heavier, especially the 12s.
They are well made as well but the Gaerne were always the best quality and I think they still are.
'10 RR450, '11 RR450, '12 RR498, '13 RR300, '13 RR300 Racing, '14 RR250/300 Racing - all gone
'17 RR300
dirtbird

Return to Product Reviews