WR Performance F3 air filter cleaner

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Postby little_wing » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 pm

https://wrperformanceproducts.com/products/f3?variant=11836804104234

Hey all, so I have another product review for you all.

So I use Twin Air Bio oil and the twin air bio powder cleaner for years. I have 3 bikes right now and I use about 4 different brands of air filters.
Every time I clean the filters I do everything as per the instructions from Twin Air for both cleaning and re-oiling the filters.

But after letting the cleaned (not oiled) air filters air dry for a few days, they would still feel oily and the foam felt stiff.
So I would try to clean them again, over and over. Each time using more and more twin air powder cleaner. And they would get marginally cleaner but never clean clean. Still feeling slightly oily and foam still stiff.

Earlier this year at a Ride that I went to WR Performance was giving out small sample bottles of their F3 filter cleaner.
The guy was talking up a huge game about how great this stuff was.
I was thinking at the time it can’t be as good as the stuff that Twin Air sells to remove/clean Twin Air oil.
They make the oil so they must know how to remove it right??????
Well for the most part.... kinda..... sort of....

So the samples from WR Performance sat on my shelf for the entire season. Kinda forgot that I had it.
Today I had 3 filters to clean. I remembered that I had the samples so let’s give it a go.

WOW!!!!! Is the only word I can think of?
So I cleaned the filters using the Twin air cleaner first. Same old same old.
Then I gave F3 a go. WOW!!!
I could not believe how much oil was still in the filters.
So just like any other filter cleaner, you soak the filter and kneaded the filter and squeeze dry then rinse with water.

Almost instantly the clear F3 cleaner turned green (same color as the twin air oil).
Then when I rinsed with water the filter started to foam up as if there was soap. But I did not put any.

This is a secondary cleaner that is in the F3 cleaner. And it works very well.

I would love to post pictures of all oil that came out after I ""Cleaned"" the filters with the twin air cleaner but apparently my cell phone takes pictures larger than 512 kb file size.
here is a link to another place where I posted this review that has pictures
https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1278584-product-review-of-wr-performance-f3-filter-cleaner/
I have to say this stuff works.
It comes in two sizes and does not seem more money than the twin air cleaner. For the amount of filters I can clean with one bottle.
I truly feel that this stuff works.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Re: WR Performance F3 air filter cleaner

Postby Darkside » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 am

I wonder if this stuff will work with non bio oil like bel-ray. I'm currently using twinair solvent based cleaner and then follow up with warm water and dawn dish soap
Randy
2018 390 rrs, 2014 300 rr re, 2010 ktm 450 exc
Darkside

Re: WR Performance F3 air filter cleaner

Postby little_wing » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:28 pm

yea from what I see and read it will work with anything. even the sticky of all sticky stuff.
2015 beta 250RR
little_wing

Return to Product Reviews