G2 ergonomics Throttle Tamer.

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

G2 ergonomics Throttle Tamer.

Postby Johnno » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Fitted to my 2016 300RR. I wasn't sure so I ordered the kit that comes with the throttle tube and 3 cams: 100X ( Stock ) 200X ( Medium ) and 400X which is the has the most removed from the cam ( I fitted this one )

At first puttering around the yard I thought: Mer... I had anticipated a big difference in response, it sort of felt the same. Okay a couple wheelie's towards the back fence and I thought okay it's bit nicer.

So at the worst I figured it hasn't done anything negative. Went for a ride on my own ( not ridden in ages, very fat and unfit ) and it wasn't until I got into mildly technical going that it really started to make sense. You have infinitely more very fine control. SO for sure you don't whisky gas it ( never really had that problem ) BUT! You don't chop it when the traction starts to go away and you roll off slightly. That's what I found anyway, I could never get a smooth run at anything and slipping the clutch did nothing.

But a slight blubber I had at part throttle after fitting the tamer became very pronounced. Mixture screw fiddle fixed that it runs really nice now.

Today I took a mate and his kid up the hills, mate suffered badly with a KLX450 not jetted right, but a couple of times I said " wait here, Ima go look down here! " And every time my confidence grew and the chicken shite timidity I'd developed disappeared.

Because I'd got so gun shy with it being so unpredictable I found I was riding to the fail point on technical stuff. What's going to mess me up, that rocky ledge, that root or rut? I'd ride to there and bail then paddle push and heave.

Well not anymore!

I find now because the throttle and my instincts are now connected I can let what ever part of my pea brain takes care of that do it's thing and have enough RAM for the clutch slipping grey matter to communicate with my left index finger.

Instead of what was going on before.

For ME, it's worked really well. I have to say you could make a throttle tamer with a stock single cable tube with a file and bit of care...
Loose...
Johnno

Re: G2 ergonomics Throttle Tamer.

Postby Johnno » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:33 pm

I didn't ride again until yesterday. Did 6.5 hours of single trail. This thing has helped me a LOT. Before, I had to really concentrate on the throttle when for arguments sake, I'm in 2nd and riding trail a foot wide towards a hill climb. The trail might be a rut about 6 inches deep and you really need to keep an even keel or you'll ride the front up the side of the rut. If I was trying to modulate the throttle that tiny little bit, the movement range would be very small were like a mm would see it climbing into the bottom of the band and rolling off a mm would be like hitting the kill switch.

Next thing you are moving the bars as a result, you touch the side of the rut, you slow down you dab a foot :oops:

Or there's rocks, you should be more worried about laying back and working the clutch but the throttle has all your RAM.

Not anymore! It's like the gas part of the operation is now not taking the lions share of my brain ( whats left ) it's actually really intuitive. How it used to be, to me, riding a bike is your brain your right hand and the back tire. They all should just be working together and sorting it out for themselves.

The main thinking part then becomes body positioning the clutch and maybe the brake and deciding which line to take.

To me anyway, I'm no guru.

Yesterday even after a BIG break from riding I was attacking things like I had not been able to on this bike.

I had 2 fairly decent crashes but that's another story.
Loose...
Johnno

Return to Product Reviews