Giant Loop Mojavi vs Wolfman Enduro Daytripper

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Giant Loop Mojavi vs Wolfman Enduro Daytripper

Postby Abercrombie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 pm

I'm looking for a set of light saddle bags to get a load off my back this summer.

I have it narrowed down to the Giant Loop Mojavi or the Wolfman Enduro Daytripper saddle bags. I will be mounting them on a 2018 500 RR-S with the Beta luggage rack on it, so that complicates the decision a little bit.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of how either of these work on the Beta luggage rack or have any pictures of how you mounted them up? They both appear to be solid bags but they mount slightly different.

I have a Wolfman tank & Enduro tool bag and a Giant Loop Great Basin so I'm happy with the quality of both brands but having a hard time imagining how they would fit.
Abercrombie

Re: Giant Loop Mojavi vs Wolfman Enduro Daytripper

Postby noppenrijder » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:07 am

After a lot of google time, I decided to buy the moskomoto reckless10, for me it is the best solution for light en Dirk and trail bikes, with possibility to enlarge the capacity under the side bags and on the top, where I use an Ecuadorean xs 6,5 bag.
noppenrijder

Postby Abercrombie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:29 am

noppenrijder wrote:After a lot of google time, I decided to buy the moskomoto reckless10, for me it is the best solution for light en Dirk and trail bikes, with possibility to enlarge the capacity under the side bags and on the top, where I use an Ecuadorean xs 6,5 bag.

Yes the Moskomoto Reckless 10 is also an excellent choice that offers a lot of versatility and its the only one of the three that really offers water proof storage. If I wanted these saddle bags with versatility for anything more than a day ride the Moscomoto would be on the top of my list. I just want small simple bags that stay on my bike to get my tools and camel back off my back.

I've camped off the Beta using the Giant Loop Great Basin and it worked good but I would've preferred to have the Moscomoto Reckless 40 for use on the Beta 500.
Abercrombie

Postby noppenrijder » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:48 am

Then i use my enduristan tankbag X4 and at the back the enduristan xs 6.5 l bag , or a smaller 3 or 4 l one...
noppenrijder

Postby Abercrombie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:40 pm

noppenrijder wrote:Then i use my enduristan tankbag X4 and at the back the enduristan xs 6.5 l bag , or a smaller 3 or 4 l one...

Looks like some nice durable stuff. I've never heard of Enduristan before.

I made a phone call today to my good friend and favorite motorcycle gear retailer Alex at Blackhillsmoto.com. He hooked me up with the Giant Loop Mojavi saddle bags and a Giant Loop Possibles pouch to mount on top.

That should give me plenty of room get shit off my back and onto the bike. I always sorta wondered what would happen if I landed on my back with my Klim scramble pack full of tools on the small of my back. It'll also be nice on hot days getting the camel back and tool pack off my back for better cooling.
Abercrombie

Return to Product Reviews