Ride review on xtrainer forks by AMP

Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Ride review on xtrainer forks by AMP

Postby fenderworks » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:39 pm

thought i would reporton my AMP modded xtrainer forks.

i can sum it up real fast: i dont notice the forks.....thats it.

here is the longer version:

2nd ride on the AMP (All Moto Performance) revalved forks. they are great, what a difference, didnt know the stockers were that bad until these were modded. Aaron did a great job. front end tracks so much better. downhills were always a bit of a problem, they would lose feeling or "stack up", run out of travel. they dont anymore, infact i have to pay attention to the forks now, so i can tell how good they are, otherwise i just no longer need to pay attantion to the front of the bike. now i just enjoy the ride....wow.
I dont know what Aaron did, but he did a great job for my style of riding.

i ride mostly single track and double track in colorado rockies anywhere from 6000 to 12500 ft elevation.

the rear shock is stock, i do not have any issues with that. so i am just happy that the forks are now fantastic....what a bike.

I highly recommend AMP, give Aaron a call at 406-351-1633

PS: at the end of this season i will probably have AMP do the rear shock......why not

6ft 1 inch, 205# loaded with riding gear
fenderworks
fenderworks

Re: Ride review on xtrainer forks by AMP

Postby Dr Z » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Suspension makes all the difference. We turned my Suzuki RMZ 450 into an awesome single track ride. UNTILL I rode my friends Beta. Then I had to have one to get rid of the weight and overheating on the Suzuki. Now it's a permanent snowbike and I wish I got the Beta before I wasted the money on the suspension parts for the Suzuki.
Going to put a rebound separator nut in my Beta rear shock and I think it will be finally perfect for me. I got the forks set up great last year.
2018 300RR, SC2 Smart carb, Recluse Radius CX and left hand rear brake, IMS oversize tank, Seat Concepts low seat, rear Tubliss, oil injection deleted.
Dr Z

Postby fenderworks » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Dr Z,

should your name now be Dr RR?

be sure to post about your rebound separator.....i dont even know what that is.
fenderworks
fenderworks

Postby Dr Z » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:02 pm

Nope, last name starts with Z.

My friend likes his rebound separator in his '17RR Race Edition. Here is the info from Race Tech's website.

"The Race Tech Shock Rebound Separator Valves replace OEM Shock Shaft Nuts with an asymmetric valve that provides more damping restriction on compression than rebound.

The Rebound Separator Valve works on both Dirt and Street applications.

On standard shocks, the Lo-Speed Rebound Adjuster flows the same for compression and rebound. With the stock setup, testing shows that when the lowest speed rebound damping is quick enough to get good traction, the lowest speed compression damping is way too mushy.

In Dirt the Rebound Separator Valve solves the vague feeling as well as bottoming on long duration hits like big dips or gullies.
For Pavement the Rebound Separator Valves have the added benefit of pitch control (front to back movement during acceleration and braking). This keeps geometry more consistent."
2018 300RR, SC2 Smart carb, Recluse Radius CX and left hand rear brake, IMS oversize tank, Seat Concepts low seat, rear Tubliss, oil injection deleted.
Dr Z

Postby fenderworks » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Update:
another 100 miles on this AMP front fork mod.........wow.
again i say "i dont notice the forks", thats how good this setup is. no more bouncing off rocks, it just soaks them up. no more just "hanging on" on the long downhill section, i now have control.

i highly recommend

Thanks A.M.P.
fenderworks
fenderworks

Return to Product Reviews